Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We need that CCS adapter soon [Volta installing EV charging at Walgreens]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You've certainly been doing this a lot longer than me with a lot more miles, but the only adapters I've used away from home are NEMA 5-15 and L5-30. I even use NEMA 14-50 in the garage at home with full expectation of using it abroad and never have. I'm curious what your various use cases have been.

I suppose the marine 50A adapter would have been nice - I could have even used one that converted to NEMA 14-50. And the 10-30 and 14-30 could have been good for a couple houses we stayed in with the laundry room near the garage, but I'd still have needed an extension cord as well. But in truth we were typically sat still long enough that 15A was good enough - even when it was 4°F outside. Otherwise there was a Supercharger relatively nearby.

The only one I haven’t used (and actually don’t have) is the NEMA 6-15. I bought all of the adapters before the bundle was available and figured that one would be of the least use since they’re super rare.

The 5-15 is the most ubiquitous 120 volt socket.

My parking garage at work has 20 amp plugs, so I use the 5-20.

I’m pretty sure I have a TT-30 adapter but haven’t used it.

I’ve used the 6-20 at a friend’s house. Slow, but better than 120 volts.

I have a 10-30 at home on the dryer that I don’t think I’ve actually used with the mobile connector.

I’ve used the 14-30 at a beach house in the Outer Banks - very handy since charging options were severely limited until recently.

I’ve used the 6-50 on a friend’s welder plug, and of course the 14-50 has gotten the most use, primarily at our in-laws’ place.

I also have the CHAdeMO adapter, which has been convenient a few times.

Finally, I have a homemade “quick 240” setup that’ll turn two 120 volt circuits on different legs into a 240 volt circuit, but it won’t work on plugs with GFCI, so it’s of limited use.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoudMusic