Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We survived a HORRIBLE accident thanks to our Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 2 weeks ago, a car ran a red light at full speed and smashed into my Model S which caused a second collision with a large SUV. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to react. Every airbag in the car deployed. As the airbag smoke cleared, my wife and I realized we weren't seriously injured and we both miraculously walked away from the accident.

As you can see from the picture, the lack of an engine of front (large crumple zone) allowed the frunk to absorb most of the energy of the high impact. The passenger cabin was essentially untouched.

Thank you Elon Musk and Tesla for saving my wife and I from serious injury and possibly death. Soon after the accident, I ordered another Model S without hesitation. This is how much faith I have in the company and the safety of their cars.

View attachment 191631

Wow that is amazing! Thank God you are okay!

Glad you are OK.

Sidebar, when you ride a motorcycle on the street, you ASSUME cars will run red lights. Why? Because if don't ride that way, you don't live long. Cars run red lights all the time, and with the advent of the Cellphone, it's more common than ever.

The most survivable crash is the one you dodge.

True. My Dad (now a happy Model 3 owner) was hit many years ago by a guy who was not only running a red light (which he claimed was amber) but a witness said that not only was it RED, but also that they saw that driver holding and reading a clipboard while running the light.

About 2 weeks ago, a car ran a red light at full speed and smashed into my Model S which caused a second collision with a large SUV. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to react. Every airbag in the car deployed. As the airbag smoke cleared, my wife and I realized we weren't seriously injured and we both miraculously walked away from the accident.

As you can see from the picture, the lack of an engine of front (large crumple zone) allowed the frunk to absorb most of the energy of the high impact. The passenger cabin was essentially untouched.

Thank you Elon Musk and Tesla for saving my wife and I from serious injury and possibly death. Soon after the accident, I ordered another Model S without hesitation. This is how much faith I have in the company and the safety of their cars.

View attachment 191631

Amazing story. We are glad you are both okay :)

Glad no one was harmed. I always knew Tesla made safe cars, but seeing real world examples and stories from folks around the globe make it that much more convincing. The cars have such a heavy central frame yet also easy to crunch in front/back probably has helped save numerous lives.

View attachment 191631
wow, sorry to hear about your accident but grateful to know the car kept you safe. The best to you both!