Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Bluetooth audio switching issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ryz0r

Sep 26, 2022
USA
I’ve had an issue since day one that I can’t seem to figure out. It’s persisted through two phones, software reinstalls, network resets, etc..

I use Spotify app on the car to listen to music 99.99% of the time. When I leave my house, it seems like every time I get to the same point usually 2 minutes away my phone will switch itself to the cars Bluetooth audio, and the car will act like I’m in an audio call with the call dialog popping up on screen showing my own phone number, but I can’t end the call.

I have to change the audio source on my phone back to my phone instead of “Tesla Model Y”. Any ideas?

Hi I have the same issue and identified that this is being caused by my Ring app. I have geo-fence notifications set up in the Ring app to alert me when I leave my home if I haven't armed my alarm. I have raised this with Tesla support and they have asked if I can disable the alerts to see if this stops the issue. I will be testing this over the next week and will update.

But only way I can get audio to work / phone to disconnect is by saying "Hey Siri" to my phone and then cancelling the command. This then fully disconnects the iPhone holding the audio connection, and Spotify etc resumes.

If anybody else has suggestions how to stop this that would be ideal as Tesla don't have any solution other than stopping the notifications or deleting the ring app.