Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird indications.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I posted this on the US Model S thread last week - anyone add comments or help?
>>
2020 Model S Raven. During a 30 mile drive today I had the following:
Several times the instrument panel showed "Model S" in 1" high font and the whole row of icons in the top right (RHD BTW) lit up for ten seconds or so.Later - several times - the voice recognition didn't respond but the message "initialising microphone - please try later" or similar appeared. Later while watching TV during a supercharging session, the sound wouldn't come on and the wheel volume control didn't work.
The main screen showed nothing unusual. Could s poor ground connection be the culprit?
<<

I posted this on the US Model S thread last week - anyone add comments or help?
>>
2020 Model S Raven. During a 30 mile drive today I had the following:
Several times the instrument panel showed "Model S" in 1" high font and the whole row of icons in the top right (RHD BTW) lit up for ten seconds or so.Later - several times - the voice recognition didn't respond but the message "initialising microphone - please try later" or similar appeared. Later while watching TV during a supercharging session, the sound wouldn't come on and the wheel volume control didn't work.
The main screen showed nothing unusual. Could s poor ground connection be the culprit?
<<
Never seen that before. Have you tried a 2 finger reset?

If the 2 finger reset doesn’t work, you can try the Wheel Configuration reset.
In the Service menu click on Wheel Configuration, select a different type of wheel and click confirm.
The car will reboot and the instrument and centre screen will reset a few times, takes about 4 to 5 minutes on my older Model S.
Repeat the process returning your wheel to your actual wheel type and it will reboot again.
I do this once a month or so and it has reduced the number of strange errors.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: paulp and Hairyman