Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird scratches on side mirror trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
unnamed.jpg

I don't know how it happened, but I have some scuffs on this trim piece. Any detailers out there think this can be buffed out and repainted or something for cheaper? Tesla's asking for $140.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but your post reminded me of a video I saw recently. A detailer wanted to remove some scratches and dullness from his B-pillars. He used a DA polisher with a polishing pad and a polishing glaze from Xtreme Solutions called LVR 403. LVR 403 is an acrylic glaze that can remove some fine scratches and also fill scratches with an acrylic resin. This might work on your trim piece. Just make sure to not wash the area with any soaps or cleaners for at least 48 hours after application to give the acrylic time to cure.

BTW, I have used LVR 403 on my wife's Honda's paint and the results are awesome. However, I have not personally used it on trim.

Here is the video:

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but your post reminded me of a video I saw recently. A detailer wanted to remove some scratches and dullness from his B-pillars. He used a DA polisher with a polishing pad and a polishing glaze from Xtreme Solutions called LVR 403. LVR 403 is an acrylic glaze that can remove some fine scratches and also fill scratches with an acrylic resin. This might work on your trim piece. Just make sure to not wash the area with any soaps or cleaners for at least 48 hours after application to give the acrylic time to cure.

BTW, I have used LVR 403 on my wife's Honda's paint and the results are awesome. However, I have not personally used it on trim.

Here is the video:

It may be. I'll hit up some detailers and see what their thoughts are. Trying to weigh the cost difference and end result. Perhaps $140 makes the most sense.

It may be. I'll hit up some detailers and see what their thoughts are. Trying to weigh the cost difference and end result. Perhaps $140 makes the most sense.

Can't hurt to stop by a reputable professional detailer and get their recommendations and an estimate.

If you want to try the Xtreme Solutions LVR 403, here is the link. The smallest bottle they offer is a pint and costs $11.99. Might be worth it to just try it even if you apply it by hand with a microfiber applicator or towel.

Reactions: jaydiculous