Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Start Up This Morning...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
Hello All,

i have a 2016 MXP90D with AP1 and had a very unusual thing happen this morning when i got in the car.

When i got in i hit the brake pedal and typed in my 4 digit pin and suddenly the car made autopilot noises and showed that i had autopilot engaged? instead of a speed showing in the blue circle it showed a P like i was in part, but it showed a lit up blue steering wheel.

i hit the brake again and put the car in drive and everything went back to normal. (i'm on 2018.42.2 19e7e44)

anybody else have something like this happen to them?

You mean AutoPark was available and ready to be activated? That's what this sounds like, although I didn't know it would do it upon wakeup of the car. Honestly, it so seldom offers for me to use AutoPark that I'd be surprised under any circumstances if it showed up.:rolleyes:

You mean AutoPark was available and ready to be activated? That's what this sounds like, although I didn't know it would do it upon wakeup of the car. Honestly, it so seldom offers for me to use AutoPark that I'd be surprised under any circumstances if it showed up.:rolleyes:
sorry for the late reply, no it was not that.

It made the sound as though i had engaged autopilot and the blue steering wheel and blue speed circle showed up on each side of the MPH gauge. however the blue speed limit indicator showed a "P" instead.