Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weirdness Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently on software version 2021.4.15.8

Got into car yesterday morning, and screen shows an update to 2021.4.15.10 was waiting until 2 am to install
(Weirdness part 1, phone had no such notification of pending software update)
Drove to work, and park (got a message the whole way cruise control was not available.
Upon parking I told it to go ahead and update. My phone showed it was updating.... 10-20.. but I was working so didn't see rest.
(Weirdness part 2, getting into the car, screen was dark(was noon) could not make it go light(turned auto on/off/adjusted)
Put into drive and no speed limit sign, no steering wheel.. only speed updated, no cars passing showed on monitor. Navigation still showed I was at home!)
Once at lunch spot, I rebooted the car to see if it would fix it.
(weirdness number 3, came back out after lunch, screen went back to being white, but we go into reverse, all I get is black screen, still no speed limit sigh, steering wheel on the screen)

What, What? I have rebooted.. did I lose my MCU? Did the car try and do an update and it got botched? Before scheduling a visit, with takes forever with Blue Ash.. Any suggestions, comment, advice?

I am currently on software version 2021.4.15.8

Got into car yesterday morning, and screen shows an update to 2021.4.15.10 was waiting until 2 am to install
(Weirdness part 1, phone had no such notification of pending software update)
Drove to work, and park (got a message the whole way cruise control was not available.
Upon parking I told it to go ahead and update. My phone showed it was updating.... 10-20.. but I was working so didn't see rest.
(Weirdness part 2, getting into the car, screen was dark(was noon) could not make it go light(turned auto on/off/adjusted)
Put into drive and no speed limit sign, no steering wheel.. only speed updated, no cars passing showed on monitor. Navigation still showed I was at home!)
Once at lunch spot, I rebooted the car to see if it would fix it.
(weirdness number 3, came back out after lunch, screen went back to being white, but we go into reverse, all I get is black screen, still no speed limit sigh, steering wheel on the screen)

What, What? I have rebooted.. did I lose my MCU? Did the car try and do an update and it got botched? Before scheduling a visit, with takes forever with Blue Ash.. Any suggestions, comment, advice?
I had some similar weirdness on Saturday after washing my Y in the garage (I'm on 2021.4.15).

When I went to move the car the screen would not exit dark mode and wouldn't let me change random settings (they were grayed out). Also, my battery display was switched to miles (from %). I rebooted, but I can't remember if that fixed it or it just finally started working normally a little while later. I did have to go in and reset my battery display to %.

I had just had the screen in screen cleaning mode, so I thought maybe it was just freaked out from that. The last time I did that it was acting like it had phantom touches, opening and closing my rear hatch on it's own until I was able to get it to reboot.