Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, this happened…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20230829_210821_Original.jpeg
20230829_210807_Original.jpeg
20230829_193521_Original.jpeg

I was doing a delivery and had just turned around the corner.

I saw a construction barrier and noticed space after it, so I pulled in to park.

I DID NOT see the second barrier, which was laying on its side, partially on the curb with its sharp legs sticking out.

My guess is somebody drove into it and knocked it over, bending one of the legs. And someone else moved it to the curb, but leaving it sticking out instead of completely (safely) on the sidewalk. While I can’t fault them for leaving it sticking out instead of blocking the sidewalk, I wish they had moved it right next to the other barrier so it would be much harder to hit it. Unless it was intentional.

Could have been worse i guess but still not great.
New bumper and new rim, places like autorimshop/wheel collision have the MYP wheels for like 299 shipped & i recall someone here saying you can get a painted bumper from tesla but another said they are cracking down on that

Good luck!

I bought a Zink rim repair kit for the wheels, since I curbed another two wheels a while back, so I'll likely do all three wheels at the same time.

As for the bumper... not sure what to do about it... maybe just sand it flat and use some touch up paint to hide it as best I can... though it does look like I pushed pretty hard against the metal to make a depression, so we'll see.

If I'm not feeling lazy as I usually am.