Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Went to order a Lyric, Long lead time - switched to model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was actually planning to order a Cadillac Lyriq but once the dealer got all the pricing and orders details I was told my order would retail for $75K plus $5K dealer markup! I was also told that ordering now, don’t expect delivery until sometime in 2024! I cancelled my order and immediately placed an order for a MYP W/W and have been waiting for 4 weeks. EDD 3/17 - 3/31. There’s waiting and then there’s waiting…GM and Ford, get your act together!!

I put the $100 reservation for a Lyriq and Blazer last year. I really love the Lyriq's looks, but lack of HUD and digital key really killed the buzz for the 2024, so I am likely to pull out. The earliest model I would likely want is a 2025, assuming they get Super Cruise, HUD, surround view, and digital key sorted.

Lyriq upsides: really good looking, and plush interior with the leather option. Downsides: AWD performance is unknown (my minimum acceptable is a <<5 second 0-60), range is short, insanely heavy, and lack of storage (no frunk, no cubbies, etc.), new technology foibles.

I placed a reservation for a 2024 Lyric on July 2, 2022. No communication from Cadillac other than the reservation confirmation until now.

I just leased 2 MY AWD for 3 years. After the lease is over I will reconsider the Lyriq.

I have not seen even 1 Lyriq on the road so far. Are they even being sold at the moment?

same boat as you. I really liked the instrument cluster and technology of the lyriq, but the waiting drove me crazy.

I've told my dealer to refund my $100 but they're going radio silence. I'm thinking of calling Cadillac this week to complain.
I agree! The Lyriq looked really promising and like the design. I got my $100 back right away. You should call the dealership and ask for the sales manager. Maybe in 3-4 years GM will get it together.

wow! i was really close to placing a preorder back in december as well for the lyriq.

i probably would've ended up having to cancel it just like everyone else.

always wanted to own a cadillac, but i am happy with the tesla so far.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I placed a reservation for a 2024 Lyric on July 2, 2022. No communication from Cadillac other than the reservation confirmation until now.

I just leased 2 MY AWD for 3 years. After the lease is over I will reconsider the Lyriq.

I have not seen even 1 Lyriq on the road so far. Are they even being sold at the moment?
Wife reserved hers last June I think. Perhaps contact the dealer that you reserved it with. Wife gets regular communication from our dealer and in fact she had to tell them to back off on the emails a bit. Yes, they are being sold. Wife gets hers in 3 weeks. We have seen 2 of them recently up here.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056