Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious when and if people on the west coast are getting delivery notifications. I ordered Aug 5th Seattle area and still waiting with no update. The only information I have is from my SA saying probably mid September. Hoping to start reading posts of people on the west coast getting some love. Its September now so the wait is almost over.

Is this normal... that west coast deliveries tend to be the last? If so, why?
It would be faster to deliver the orders closest to the factory before the quarter ends, hence delivery to farther areas take precedence early in the quarter and will trickle to closer areas (to Fremont) once end of the quarter is nearing (higher delivery #s = happy investors)

^this....beginning of quarter runs are the furthest away, gives everyone time to produce, ship, and deliver. Typically international at beginning, Canada then east coast, then west coast last. Can typically produce, ship deliver west coast within 3-5 days provided east coast is caught up. All about logistics.

Text update today
Got a text update today saying my Model 3 will be ready in 2-4 Weeks from today. We are almost there people!! I'm really hoping its closer to the 2 weeks then the 4 weeks.

Ordered:
8/5 - Midnight Silver M3 SR+ with Black interior, 18" Aero wheels with just Autopilot on 8/5 to Seattle. When ordered 4-8 weeks
8/19 - Got a text update saying 4-6 weeks
9/2 - Got another text update saying 2-4 weeks

Text update today
Got a text update today saying my Model 3 will be ready in 2-4 Weeks from today. We are almost there people!! I'm really hoping its closer to the 2 weeks then the 4 weeks.

Ordered:
8/5 - Midnight Silver M3 SR+ with Black interior, 18" Aero wheels with just Autopilot on 8/5 to Seattle. When ordered 4-8 weeks
8/19 - Got a text update saying 4-6 weeks
9/2 - Got another text update saying 2-4 weeks
That’s my exact config, I’m on the west coast. Curious to see what happens.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Same boat, Ordered to Costa Mesa, CA center on August 6, submitted my self arranged financing on August 16. Not a single text/e-mail beyond the first day telling me to fill out my order info.

SR+ White exterior, black interior, 18" wheels with just auto pilot.

We ordered an SR+ White exterior, black interior, 18" wheels with autopilot on 8/6 in Santa Barbara. Today we received the 1-3 week text. Hoping it's closer to 1. Technically, this will be my wife's car, but I think I am more excited about it than her :) .

I am a bit of a car-nut, she is not, so I will be the one who gets to figure out settings, configuration, and such.

Model 3 Performance Red .... Ordered mid-August. This week got a text saying to schedule delivery. Had everything setup for Monday 9/7 at 10a. Even spoke with my local SA.

Yesterday I logged into my account and my delivery appointment was randomly 5 days later. No call, no text, no nothing.

Frustrating that I changed my trade in plans and took time off work to pickup tomorrow and now, without anything they just push it 5 days. To a date and time where I can't make it......