Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called customer service. I’ve gotten tired calling the dealership.The service rep asked if I’m still looking to take the car at the end of the month and I was like yes. He said then I should get the car any day. Could be tomorrow or could be right at the end of Sept. They can’t say. He also said since I ordered the multi-coat red, that could be causing my delay as well.

I called customer service. I’ve gotten tired calling the dealership.The service rep asked if I’m still looking to take the car at the end of the month and I was like yes. He said then I should get the car any day. Could be tomorrow or could be right at the end of Sept. They can’t say. He also said since I ordered the multi-coat red, that could be causing my delay as well.

That's encouraging! Although the theme seems to be we are cramming as many cars as we can into the last two weeks of the quarter. My SA has actually said similar things although I'm getting MSM and he didn't mention color as a potential delay. Let's hope deliveries start happening soon.

That's encouraging! Although the theme seems to be we are cramming as many cars as we can into the last two weeks of the quarter. My SA has actually said similar things although I'm getting MSM and he didn't mention color as a potential delay. Let's hope deliveries start happening soon.

Its encourage and frustrating at the same time. It could be tomorrow, it could be who knows when. I feel like they should have a better understanding on delivery windows. Maybe to start with having a cut off point on orders for delivery in the quarter. No orders will be fulfilled in the quarter after a certain point. And east coast deliveries after a certain date will be held until after west coast gets deliveries. Too often I read new orders for east coast are getting fulfilled quickly while we all wait on the west coast. I'm happy for everyone getting there cars but its quite annoying when you see someone that ordered many weeks/months after you getting deliveries. I have read some posts mostly people on east coast ordering and getting the car with in a few weeks not months like us on the west coast. I would love to week proper windows for orders with deadlines to ensure delivery is more accurate.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Just called the Brea Mall showroom and they said the July orders have been assigned a VIN (not sure if that's true), now they're working on August orders. Only Model Y is supposedly being delayed.
lol not true. I order on July 28 and have yet to get a vin. In addition, the SA said It would probably take 1-2 weeks to get a vin.
Honestly, I’ve never have had such a bad experience ordering a car. The car will be worth it, but just the process sucks!

Its encourage and frustrating at the same time. It could be tomorrow, it could be who knows when. I feel like they should have a better understanding on delivery windows. Maybe to start with having a cut off point on orders for delivery in the quarter. No orders will be fulfilled in the quarter after a certain point. And east coast deliveries after a certain date will be held until after west coast gets deliveries. Too often I read new orders for east coast are getting fulfilled quickly while we all wait on the west coast. I'm happy for everyone getting there cars but its quite annoying when you see someone that ordered many weeks/months after you getting deliveries. I have read some posts mostly people on east coast ordering and getting the car with in a few weeks not months like us on the west coast. I would love to week proper windows for orders with deadlines to ensure delivery is more accurate.

Dude it's frustrating as hell.

If I get another Tesla rep telling me I'm gonna get my car any day now, I'm gonna lose it.

Been getting told the same thing since the day I ordered (6/20)

And then there's people that ordered beginning of September getting frustrated at their wait time. Bruh.

Yes, to a degree it is. I just hope that doesn’t translate to the car is going to have issues since they’re rushing everything.

I’ve had a lousy experience in all of this. I would say I’m an outlier but there are other people in the same boat as me who have been in the dark. If I have to give Tesla communications a grade, it would be a giant F(in multi-coat red). I would appreciate them telling me at the start “It will take 7-8 weeks for your car to come in.” But Tesla seems to give their customers here on the west coast false hope that it could be 3 weeks. It is a cunning move, IMO.

I believe If the listing on the inventory states "Less than 50 mile odometer" it is a car in stock; however, if it

The overall buying process for a Tesla has been underwhelming.

With the BMW, I knew exactly what stage the car was at and I could track the entire shipment across the ocean.

The Corvette, I knew the exact status by the status number I was at. I didn't do it but some buyers had On-Star enabled prior to having it shipped from Bowling Green so they could track the movement of the car by rail.

With BMW and the Corvette, the build/order process was a "forward" moving progression. You might be stuck at one status for awhile but it never went from "Order Accepted" to "Waiting for Order to be Accepted".

Tesla so far has been about as accurate as their Model Y and White Paint matching with their bumpers and doors. Pretty much all over the place.

does anyone *need* that level of micro stalking? its just a car.

though I will say if UPS / fedex etc can show tracking on a package delivery, Tesla could at least show "shipment tracking" after they produce the car. My guess is they do not do that because they want to futz around with things constantly in teh background.

that being said... it is just a car.

Reactions: Siromnom
I completely agree which the whole frustration feeling. I understand from a logistics stand point their process of East to west deliveries but I’ve been sitting here since June 28th when I ordered my car and I’m watching all of these people say they ordered at the beginning of September and already have a delivery date. I don’t even have a VIN yet, aka they haven’t even started making my car :mad:

I completely agree which the whole frustration feeling. I understand from a logistics stand point their process of East to west deliveries but I’ve been sitting here since June 28th when I ordered my car and I’m watching all of these people say they ordered at the beginning of September and already have a delivery date. I don’t even have a VIN yet, aka they haven’t even started making my car :mad:

Most likely our delivery date would be Sep 30th. Not a day before.

Dude it's frustrating as hell.

If I get another Tesla rep telling me I'm gonna get my car any day now, I'm gonna lose it.

Been getting told the same thing since the day I ordered (6/20)

And then there's people that ordered beginning of September getting frustrated at their wait time. Bruh.

I think you must have unluckily ordered at the worst possible moment based on the way it works. You just missed the last quarter deliveries, but are on the west coast that gets fulfilled last. I also waited a long time (not as long as you, but almost). hang in there, it is just because the cars in in such high demand it is hard for them to keep up. You will get it soon and all will be forgotten, I got mine yesterday and just wow!

And if that’s really the game they’re playing, then fine, I get it. But like others have said, just be honest about it from the beginning. Don’t say 8-12 weeks if you really mean 13-14. That’s just setting you up to have frustrated customers

That along with seeing others on the West Coast who ordered their vehicles 1+ months after me already having their delivery day set (while I still don't have any updates) is adding to that frustration.

So today, I switched out my SR+ for the new "inventory" LRAWD. It wasn't actually in inventory and was told it might be being built. My SA also said it had a VIN attached to the car so I decided to take a chance on it. Once the car got assigned to me my SA was able to confirm that it was already on it's way and I should be able to take delivery soon and he gave me the full VIN number. Now I'm just waiting for a text to schedule my delivery appointment. Can't wait ^^