Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else located in the LA area with an earlier order date that still has no VIN or MVPA in their Tesla account? Every time I call my SA, I'm being told that no VIN has been matched to my account, however I should get the vehicle by the end of the month.

What other info are you looking for? Sounds like your SA has accurately described the situation.
Wait for the text.

What other info are you looking for? Sounds like your SA has accurately described the situation.
Wait for the text.

I wish Tesla can give us an exact date, so we can clear our schedule and take time off. We can't just assume it is coming on the 29th or 30th or will it going to roll over into October? Tesla seems to have a real issue with communicating with their customers.

I'm still waiting to get a VIN as well.

Reactions: valaeyron
I wish Tesla can give us an exact date, so we can clear our schedule and take time off. We can't just assume it is coming on the 29th or 30th or will it going to roll over into October? Tesla seems to have a real issue with communicating with their customers.

I'm still waiting to get a VIN as well.

That would be nice but you're probably aware by now that's not how it works.
You will get it by the end of the month and the VIN will be sent when you schedule delivery.

That would be nice but you're probably aware by now that's not how it works.
You will get it by the end of the month and the VIN will be sent when you schedule delivery.
Wait for the text.

Being told that I should have my vehicle within 2 months. (Ordered early July)
My current vehicle lease is expiring shortly and I'd like to make sure I have my vehicle on time as I'd like to avoid extending and having to pay another registration fee.
Receiving a text back on Aug 10th stating that there is an opportunity for earlier delivery if I submit all outstanding tasks, therefore I took care of the financing. (I believe my approval is only good for a certain amount of days, meaning there's a chance I might have to get another hard inquiry)
If I were able to get some type of response during this process (My SA never responded to my single email sent 3 weeks ago; I called him/her 3 times since the order date, however I was always told that he/she isn't in or is busy and that they'll give me a call back - 0 calls were returned) I would not have this frustration building.

That would be nice but you're probably aware by now that's now how it works.
The VIN will be sent when you schedule delivery. Patience.

Correct, yet, that doesn't change the fact that some of us can't simply pick up and go on a drop of a hat. We are about 8 days from the end of the month and we are still in the dark. There will be days within that time period that I am not sure if I will be able to make it due to other obligations. If I have an exact day, then I could possibly work around it but right now, with 8 more days, I am left in the dark.

You would think that with all the Artificial Intelligence and Technology that Elon has access to, that his inventory and delivery process would be so much better. I understand that there is A LOT of information I don't know, but from a conceptualized standpoint, it doesn't seem too difficult to track 100K cars per quarter and use technology to give accurate delivery dates. Most online retailers can track billions of items in inventory and accurately deliver them. If you scale this down, with more unique identifiers (VIN's), it seems would be easier.

Correct, yet, that doesn't change the fact that some of us can't simply pick up and go on a drop of a hat. We are about 8 days from the end of the month and we are still in the dark. There will be days within that time period that I am not sure if I will be able to make it due to other obligations. If I have an exact day, then I could possibly work around it but right now, with 8 more days, I am left in the dark.

That is how it works but it doesn't negate the frustration factor. I have everything on tentative hold for the next 8 days because it has been made clear that when Tesla calls you get one shot to schedule pickup before they move on to the next person.

I had a realization last night that our $100 "deposit" doesn't hold a space in an ordered line, it instead gives us the opportunity to purchase a vehicle whenever Tesla chooses to make one available to us. To me that changed my perspective. The power is 100% on the Tesla side and one person's frustration and cancellation results in another's good fortune to get a car. At the end of the day it still results in 150k cars delivered this quarter. I guess all that to say, we have no choice but to go with the flow and do our best to adjust if we want the car.

I'll still be frustrated though and continue to say that communication fixes 90% of this... That seems to be about as much control as I have if I want to drive an M3. :)

Good luck that this all works out in the next 8 days without upending too much on everyone's schedules.

Just got a text to schedule delivery.
Ordered 8/19, picking up Fresno 9/24
No VIN in account yet.

Only 1 day, 1 delivery time offered for me so I'm trying to get it pushed up to tomorrow 9/23 due to scheduling conflict.

Very nice. First delivery report I've seen from close to the Bay Area this week.
Did you get 3-8 day text last week?

That is how it works but it doesn't negate the frustration factor. I have everything on tentative hold for the next 8 days because it has been made clear that when Tesla calls you get one shot to schedule pickup before they move on to the next person.

I had a realization last night that our $100 "deposit" doesn't hold a space in an ordered line, it instead gives us the opportunity to purchase a vehicle whenever Tesla chooses to make one available to us. To me that changed my perspective. The power is 100% on the Tesla side and one person's frustration and cancellation results in another's good fortune to get a car. At the end of the day it still results in 150k cars delivered this quarter. I guess all that to say, we have no choice but to go with the flow and do our best to adjust if we want the car.

I'll still be frustrated though and continue to say that communication fixes 90% of this... That seems to be about as much control as I have if I want to drive an M3. :)

Good luck that this all works out in the next 8 days without upending too much on everyone's schedules.

That is understood. But, how Tesla makes people put their life on hold for delivery is erroneous. That's not how business should be conducted. Today marks 6 weeks and I have received little to no contact. I went into the dealership and did the transaction and I am the one that has to continuously call and see what is going on. The number of times that I have bought a BMW, the sales rep would even call me after the purchase to see how things were with the car and if I had any issues. Granted, they are already preparing their next sale but that's how a good sales rep does his work. Every time I've called the sales rep who did my transaction, he isn't there. I am not going to throw anybody under the bus here by naming names but some info would be nice other than "You should get the car by the end of September."

This vagueness is quite frustrating. I am just waiting for this ordeal to be done with. This has been 100x more frustrating than going into a dealership and haggling with numbers for an hour or so. As others have stated, I am going to deter people from buying a Tesla. Until Tesla gets to the point where I can walk into a dealership and buy my car, this will be my first and only Tesla. No matter how good your product is, treat your customers with a bit of respect.

That is understood. But, how Tesla makes people put their life on hold for delivery is erroneous. That's not how business should be conducted. Today marks 6 weeks and I have received little to no contact. I went into the dealership and did the transaction and I am the one that has to continuously call and see what is going on. The number of times that I have bought a BMW, the sales rep would even call me after the purchase to see how things were with the car and if I had any issues. Granted, they are already preparing their next sale but that's how a good sales rep does his work. Every time I've called the sales rep who did my transaction, he isn't there. I am not going to throw anybody under the bus here by naming names but some info would be nice other than "You should get the car by the end of September."

This vagueness is quite frustrating. I am just waiting for this ordeal to be done with. This has been 100x more frustrating than going into a dealership and haggling with numbers for an hour or so. As others have stated, I am going to deter people from buying a Tesla. Until Tesla gets to the point where I can walk into a dealership and buy my car, this will be my first and only Tesla. No matter how good your product is, treat your customers with a bit of respect.

Exactly how I feel.
Exactly what I'm going through with my Sales Rep. (Haven't been able to speak to him once after ordering my vehicle)
Tesla Chat always states that I need to speak with my SA with my inquiry and that they'll "ping" him/her. Tried this 3 times and 0 response.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Exactly how I feel.
Exactly what I'm going through with my Sales Rep. (Haven't been able to speak to him once after ordering my vehicle)
Tesla Chat always states that I need to speak with my SA with my inquiry and that they'll "ping" him/her. Tried this 3 times and 0 response.
If you need to speak with someone, call the Tesla Support Number (888-518-3752). It usually routes you to the closest Tesla store and a live person.

I don't disagree with you one bit. If I'm being honest, I think I'm outwardly trying to soften my own frustration. I also feel for the Sales Associates who likely know about as much as we do and have to field inquiries from all of the frustrated people. It's been 7 weeks today for me and every communication has been initiated from my end. My hope (and expectation) is that this comes to an end for all of us soon.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Exactly how I feel.

Okay. I gave Glendale a call, 818-254-7498. And he looked up my phone number and said that my car will be loaded up on the truck by the 27th and then a day or two after I should get the car. Perhaps, if you call them they can help you out. Because the other two dealerships I’ve called just gave me no answer. They couldn’t even give me an estimate other than “By the 30th.” Now, I know, I can clear out those few days.

I had concerns if the car did not arrive on the 30th what happens. I was told then early December.

Just got a text saying that I can expect delivery in 1-3 days. VIN appears in account now.
The text also says if I take delivery by Sunday I will receive 1,000 free supercharging miles. I guess the EOQ promo is back.