Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured it's time to start a May thread. I ordered 28 Apr, Stealth Grey, 6-seater MXLR, just got my vin today EDD 24-30 May. Was hoping it get delivered mid to late June in case some good 2 qrt incentives come out. Wondering if it's worth it to delay or reject delivery for a few weeks.

Thanks for creating the thread.

Ordered 04/30/2024 MX Plaid, Black/Black/20/Yoke
Pickup location: NY
EDD1 updated 04/30/2024: Apr 24 - May 24
EDD2 updated 05/01/2024: May 24 - June 24
VIN Assigned 5/7/2024 - Build Date 5/3/2024
EDD3 updated 05/07/2024: May 22 - May 28

Reactions: Blacked_Y
I think its just that there is no order backlog. Not a great sign for demand.
Demand has definitely slowed down more recently on the Model Xs. I was planning to wait until updated features starting showing up in the Model X then I got tired of waiting. I still have a hold available for this order but I don't plan to use it unless I have confirmation that someone got new features delivered that my potential car doesn't have.

I did a trade-in estimate on my M3 for the Model X and within 30 seconds got a call from Sales inquiring about my interest. I told her I'm only interested when the next FSD transfer happens (which she acknowledged they don't have at this moment); I'll sit tight and see what happens around the end of June...

Reactions: SNY126
Took delivery Fri. Ordered after the 2k price drop. X 5 seat Stealth/Black. Color is better than expected. Car construction is near perfect just a couple dust nibs and a handful of transport scratches that buffed right out. Birthday 4/25 and no ambient strip or front bumper camera. Efficiency excellent at 240 wh/mi in 50s dry. Surprise that Tesla increased my trade value (20 MY) by 1000 (26.3 vs 25.4) even though I had an estimate within 30 days - nice touch and a first in my experience.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Took delivery Fri. Ordered after the 2k price drop. X 5 seat Stealth/Black. Color is better than expected. Car construction is near perfect just a couple dust nibs and a handful of transport scratches that buffed right out. Birthday 4/25 and no ambient strip or front bumper camera. Efficiency excellent at 240 wh/mi in 50s dry. Surprise that Tesla increased my trade value (20 MY) by 1000 (26.3 vs 25.4) even though I had an estimate within 30 days - nice touch and a first in my experience.
How's the car treating you so far?