Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wait has been brutal.

Ordered 07/11/20, SA doesn’t return emails or calls. Last text I got was 09/02 stating 1-3 weeks, and then nothing. I am based out of Fresno CA and hoping to get it delivered but am fine picking up in Fremont at this point.

SR+ in Red with black interior. Hoping I get some good news soon.

I just called to follow up after not hearing from my SA. The person that answered wasn't able to speak to my specific situation but did offer some insight that was helpful, at least to me.

1) He said that from his experience SR+ cars are some of the last batches to get made. Hence the long wait.
2) He guaranteed a car by 9/30. He said that after an 8 week wait he didn't see any chance that I would be without a car on 9/30.
3) The matching of VIN to buyer is a continuous and ongoing process. Meaning one minute your account page will look like it has for 6 weeks and 5 minutes later could have a VIN. That includes weekends and evenings.
4) The pickup process will get crazy in the last few days of the month. He said that while not ideal it is possible that the VIN match and delivery can happen within one day of each other. Typically they give three days after the delivery date to schedule pickup.

This may or may not be helpful but I will say not having to read a virtual shrug and instead talking to someone who was willing to walk through the process was reassuring.

• Informative
Reactions: RedWhite19
I just called to follow up after not hearing from my SA. The person that answered wasn't able to speak to my specific situation but did offer some insight that was helpful, at least to me.

1) He said that from his experience SR+ cars are some of the last batches to get made. Hence the long wait.
2) He guaranteed a car by 9/30. He said that after an 8 week wait he didn't see any chance that I would be without a car on 9/30.
3) The matching of VIN to buyer is a continuous and ongoing process. Meaning one minute your account page will look like it has for 6 weeks and 5 minutes later could have a VIN. That includes weekends and evenings.
4) The pickup process will get crazy in the last few days of the month. He said that while not ideal it is possible that the VIN match and delivery can happen within one day of each other. Typically they give three days after the delivery date to schedule pickup.

This may or may not be helpful but I will say not having to read a virtual shrug and instead talking to someone who was willing to walk through the process was reassuring.
Good info here! Thanks for posting!

Yet there are SR+ that have been shipped out to the west coast who have ordered their car’s in August and even September. At least that is what the SR+ waiting room is telling me.

I think all of this is based on the luck of the draw. Some of us out here on the WC have to wait longer than others for whatever reasons, configuration, near Fremont or etc. There is no concrete evidence for what makes certain buyers get their car’s first. Europe and East Coast is one thing but when it comes to CA/WC it appears utterly random.

But I agree, it is better to get some info than nothing at all.

Just came back from picking up the car. It was completely uneventful. I did a walk around and checked exterior and interior. Found nothing unsatisfactory but then again I am not very knit picky. The first thing I did was purchase the performance boost for $2,000. So far there was not tax - it was a straight $2,000 charge but will see if it changes after it settles (which it shouldn't).

I think it will take my wife some time to get used to the car.

No changes to mine either. My prediction is a notice Sunday afternoon, Monday morning at the earliest. Based on how this has gone thus far I won't be surprised to get a text at 1pm on Wednesday for a 3pm pickup! ...but at least it would be a pickup. Only a few more days left.

So, I just got a call from Tesla. They said “We’ve been told you’re interested in a Model S, what can we do for you...?” I was like, no, that’s not right.

I said I just want to get a clear update on what day my car will arrive. He said “Lets take a look, you’re getting a red model 3 with 19s with BLACK interior...” I was like “Uhh, no, it is WHITE.” He was like “interesting.” After clearing those two things up, he said “we can help you get your car since there could be some in your area in the next TWO WEEKS.” I told him, multiple sales associates have said I’ll get my car by the 30th and I don’t want to wait any longer than that. He stated that they see things more clearly and you could get it by then. But he also started he did not want to promise me that I would get my car by then. At least he was being honest.

Right before I was going to hit submit my SA got back to me. He apologized about the delay and whatnot. Said the car will be here by the 30th. He just stated it gets like this at the end of the quarter here in CA, when things happen, they happen really fast for owners. He couldn’t give me an exact date, but said a few more days I’ll know everything.

Wish the car was coming this weekend. Monday-Wednesday are not good days for me. Monday is perhaps doable but Tuesday and Wednesday will be a struggle. I’ve got multiple obligations that I’m not sure that I could get out of. If they have it for me on Thursday that would be perfect.

So, I just got a call from Tesla. They said “We’ve been told you’re interested in a Model S, what can we do for you...?” I was like, no, that’s not right.

I said I just want to get a clear update on what day my car will arrive. He said “Lets take a look, you’re getting a red model 3 with 19s with BLACK interior...” I was like “Uhh, no, it is WHITE.” He was like “interesting.” After clearing those two things up, he said “we can help you get your car since there could be some in your area in the next TWO WEEKS.” I told him, multiple sales associates have said I’ll get my car by the 30th and I don’t want to wait any longer than that. He stated that they see things more clearly and you could get it by then. But he also started he did not want to promise me that I would get my car by then. At least he was being honest.

Right before I was going to hit submit my SA got back to me. He apologized about the delay and whatnot. Said the car will be here by the 30th. He just stated it gets like this at the end of the quarter here in CA, when things happen, they happen really fast for owners. He couldn’t give me an exact date, but said a few more days I’ll know everything.

Wish the car was coming this weekend. Monday-Wednesday are not good days for me. Monday is perhaps doable but Tuesday and Wednesday will be a struggle. I’ve got multiple obligations that I’m not sure that I could get out of. If they have it for me on Thursday that would be perfect.

Wow... that’s awful. Good luck getting your car by the 30th. I agree that M-W isn’t great for me and I have put all appointments on tentative awaiting a call. I’ll be thinking good thoughts for you. Best of luck!

Reactions: RedWhite19
Wow... that’s awful. Good luck getting your car by the 30th. I agree that M-W isn’t great for me and I have put all appointments on tentative awaiting a call. I’ll be thinking good thoughts for you. Best of luck!

Thanks!

I just got my confirmation. September 29, at 11am.

Just saw that my location is Burbank and NOT Sherman Oaks. At least they let me know today. I can plan a bit accordingly.

Last edited:
This is the message I got in the morning. We’ll see if it is going to be the 29th or not, or if it is going to be Sherman Oaks or Burbank.

60D559A2-4289-49E2-B887-B8F4F90ED5A5.jpeg