Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the most agitating aspects about being on the West Coast is that your delivery could be in a week, and you'd have no idea thanks to how quickly it usually is between VIN assignment and delivery.

I expected this, but I hate this level of uncertainty.

Just picked her up today at Burbank. They had a few other 2021 M3s - only MSM and white exterior, black interiors. It was the same story for the Model Ys. Gave appearance that the “basic builds” were allocated first.

View attachment 613914

Can you take the two pictures of the energy display screen, one in distance mode (miles), one in energy mode (%)? Capture projected range, recent efficiency, and the number next to the battery (% or miles or km) in both pictures.

Or anyone getting a delivery!

As described here...

Last edited:
If you check ev-cpo, you’ll see about 45 2021 Model 3’s available for immediate delivery. Wonder if they will have a demand issue this quarter as i didn’t expect inventory 2021 cars to be around already if they have a backlog of orders. Most of them are in the east coast though.

i think i made the right decision postponing. I have nothing to lose and I’m skeptical that Tesla will announce something the first or second week of January after EOQ and screw everyone like they always do that just picked up a car.

• Disagree
Reactions: EV-CPO and ShiftTab
If you check ev-cpo, you’ll see about 45 2021 Model 3’s available for immediate delivery. Wonder if they will have a demand issue this quarter as i didn’t expect inventory 2021 cars to be around already if they have a backlog of orders. Most of them are in the east coast though.

i think i made the right decision postponing. I have nothing to lose and I’m skeptical that Tesla will announce something the first or second week of January after EOQ and screw everyone like they always do that just picked up a car.
Only a few hundred of those are considered new, and then very few are 2021 models.

It's a configuration issue, not a demand issue. Tesla doesn't build specifically to a customer's build, they build specific configurations in batches.
This.

Reactions: ShiftTab
(moderator note: I realize this is the ordering section, but we dont want a thread in this section for each area of the country. If people want to discuss deliveries in a specific area, those discussions should happen in the specific forum for that area. In this thread, that is : California

I have left a pointer for 5 days in the original location to this new one in the california forum. )

Was bored and started extrapolating different averages via the Order Tracking spreadsheet.
  • Orders placed in CA in October 2019, on average, took 50 days to receive a VIN and 54 days to deliver.
  • Thus far this year, the average is about ~45 days with ~35% of October orders delivered (tried to account for erroneous date entries).
  • Proportionally, most cars delivered/approaching delivery so far have been Performance (very small sample size of 5, with about 3/5 having a VIN), followed by LR AWD (about 7 out of 16), with many SR+'s still remaining to be assigned VIN's.