Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast people still waiting for a Model Y... is it Blue?

Are you still waiting for a Blue car?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered at the start of the month and everyone thought I should be able to get the car before September was out.... but I picked Blue and it seems like Blue might have screwed me over. I'm still waiting to have a VIN assigned and my advisor (Portland) just said that most the people still waiting are orders for Blue and are all being told "within 72 hours", but that they were all told that last week too....

So just curious if you're on the West side of the US and still don't have a VIN assigned... is your car
blue?

I'm also curious how many of you wanted to jump on EAP and purchase that for $4k but now can't because
BLUE has kept you from taking delivery yet! (I'm dying for EAP but it's basically impossible now for me... unless Uncle Elon helps us, tweet at him? I've been tweeting him!)

** Ordered 9/4 - Blue with white interior - LR - Gemini

I ordered a LR AWD Blue on Black in August and got my VIN on Sunday and picked it up today. There were several other blue Ys being delivered as well. I think it was a recent batch that got made for western deliveries - I'm in AZ.

Well that's a plus... curious if any blue are starting to make it up to WA/OR. Though I've already missed EAP, so I've got a little more patience now...

I also ordered a LR AWD Blue in the middle of September. I was told 6-10 weeks, but a VIN was assigned yesterday (2 weeks), and I was asked if I would take delivery today? (ummm...yes!) . I did get a follow up call last night that the car was still in Fremont and they pushed delivery to tonight and may have to push further if they don't see the car leave Fremont by early this morning. Still awaiting final word...

I also ordered a LR AWD Blue in the middle of September. I was told 6-10 weeks, but a VIN was assigned yesterday (2 weeks), and I was asked if I would take delivery today? (ummm...yes!) . I did get a follow up call last night that the car was still in Fremont and they pushed delivery to tonight and may have to push further if they don't see the car leave Fremont by early this morning. Still awaiting final word...

That would probably indicate 2 to 3 days for OR/WA folk if there are blue cars being made right now...

I'm not on the West Coast (though I lived in SoCal for many years, years ago). Now I am in PA.
I ordered a Blue/Black/Gemini/LRY on 8/22 ... everyone was certain that I would have it before the end of the quarter.
On 9/2 I received a text saying to prepare for delivery in 2-4 weeks ... which seemed in line.
On 9/28 I found my VIN on my order management page ... late, but at least I have a VIN = 46xxx
My Order Advisor said my Y is just leaving the factory in CA and to expect 1 to 2 weeks for delivery.
I plan to follow up tomorrow to see where it is ... though maybe I'll touch base today.
I'm not sure if it is the Blue or not.
I thought about changing colors, but there was nothing available on the East Coast ... and I'm really excited about the blue.

I ordered a LR AWD Blue with black interior on 8/24 and got a 3-5 week timeline. I received a VIN (47XXX) this week and was told by the local dealership that it's still in the factory and I should expect delivery by mid- to late-October.
My initial loan offer has already lapsed and I don't know if I can trust their timeline anymore.

Also, there were many other Blue MYs there ready for delivery.

Are you serious?! Shuffle one of those bad boys down to Portland so my advisor can assign one to me!!! (Actually I wonder if Tesla will do that... last year they matched me with a Model 3 in Portland and shuffled it up to Seattle to initiate carrier direct delivery, lol).

Maybe I should call around Seattle and see if any are Blue/White/Gemini and unassigned :p

Didn't look closely at the interiors, but the MY behind my wife's was Blue/White. I was considering white but didn't like the white dashboard strip instead of wood.
It's so funny how peoples taste is different. I hear so many people complain about that wood looking cheap or out of place and even if they don't like the white seats as much they MUCH rather have that wood gone, lol.

I personally love the white seats so much that I don't even care about the dash. They're a slight pain to keep clean with certain things, but it's so incredibly bright and polarizing in the summer that I can't NOT have them now. I think it really made my Model 3 feel way different from other cars and far more "expensive" feeling (because it's so uncommon in other cars, usually it's a cream or tan or something, not ultra bright white).

What do you keep in the car with you to regularly wipe down your white seats? I just ordered a Y with the white interior. I'm hoping I'll be as happy with my decision as you are.

To be honest, nothing. However, I’m not a good example.... I actually changed my lifestyle because of them. I used to have some deep blue Levi’s and did start to notice dye transfer after about a week (super faint, but I could see it). I ended up switching to white jeans... and my coworkers never let me forget it.

I haven’t noticed it with black jeans and light blue (the faded look) might not do it either...

This time around my detailer ceramic coated the interior... but I doubt I’ll switch back to dark blue :p

To all,
There is no rhyme or reason to Tesla’s delivery strategy except for the fact it is to get as many cars out of the factory and into customers hands as possible, so be prepared for the following:

1. Complete lack of communication.
  2. Tesla does not honor any kind of queue, just because you ordered a month before someone else does not mean you will get your car before them.
    1. Lurking in for forums can build angst when you see others who’ve ordered well after you receive their cars. Trust, I’ve experienced it a lot during my wait.
  3. Tesla builds in batches. I was told this my multiple employees and it’s been posted on here too. From what I’ve been reading in this thread, it sounds like MSM and white are the current batch colors.
I ordered a SR AWD blue/white. I love the white interior and don’t regret the white at all. I haven’t noticed and transfer from jeans but I also I did a ceramic interior coat. Personally would not change a thing about my order.

I waited about 160 something days from order to delivery. One thing about waiting forever was the fact that I got the 3k price reduction while more early adopters were crying in their Kool Aide.

Maybe by being forced to wait you will get the new center console and/or the USB in the glovebox. <— would like that.

It’s a great car but the customer service on the purchasing portion is more akin to Comcast than a luxury car... yet here I am like a good lemming who waited patiently.

Reactions: Jamezam