Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a recent conversation with a BC Hydro rep. who is involved with the Hope Tesla Supercharger station project, I learned that the remaining hurdle is with a legal property registration that is in the hands of
the Land Titles office. BCH can't do their work until the legal work is complete. He confirmed that nothing is needed from the District of Hope or from Tesla corp. He said that their (BCH’s) property people are working with Land Titles and once completed, BC Hydro should be able to get the rest of the electrical work done fairly readily. He wasn’t able to commit to a charge station completion date but said it should be before Christmas. If it happens next week, that will certainly be something to celebrate.

Before Christmas would be fantastic! Thanks Dave.

Kamloops SC

email received today from City of Kamloops

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Construction on the Tesla Supercharging Station started on November 9, 2014 and when we met on site
they anticipated opening first two weeks of December. Not sure if the weather impacts the timing.

David W. Freeman RI(BC)
Assistant Director,
Development & Engineering Services
City of Kamloops
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops B.C. V2C 2C6
P: (250) 828-3548
F: (250) 828-7848
http://www.kamloops.ca

- - - Updated - - -

Red Deer SC

email received Nov. 24 in reply to construction start information.
at -34 C with the windchill in Red Deer, it may be a little chilly to start now:wink:
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I do not believe that construction has started.

Warm Regards,

Sue Thomson, CMP
Director of Catering & Convention Services, Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
t — 403 755 1155 f — 403 346 4790
sheratonhotelreddeer.com | like us on facebook | follow us on twitter

SHERATON RED DEER HOTEL
3310-50th Avenue, Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3X9
Red Deer’s best bet for corporate travel. Call Toll Free: 1-800-662-7197

Kamloops SC

email received today from City of Kamloops

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Construction on the Tesla Supercharging Station started on November 9, 2014 and when we met on site
they anticipated opening first two weeks of December. Not sure if the weather impacts the timing.

David W. Freeman RI(BC)
Assistant Director,
Development & Engineering Services
City of Kamloops
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops B.C. V2C 2C6
P: (250) 828-3548
F: (250) 828-7848
http://www.kamloops.ca

- - - Updated - - -

Red Deer SC

email received Nov. 24 in reply to construction start information.
at -34 C with the windchill in Red Deer, it may be a little chilly to start now:wink:
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I do not believe that construction has started.

Warm Regards,

Sue Thomson, CMP
sheratonhotelreddeer.com | like us on facebook | follow us on twitter

SHERATON RED DEER HOTEL
3310-50th Avenue, Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3X9
Red Deer’s best bet for corporate travel. Call Toll Free: 1-800-662-7197

As far as Kamloops SC is concerned as I posted Nov 21..on this thread it is finished and only waiting for transformer. Hopefully soon :)

Golden SC

This is a response i received today from the Travelodge in Golden, BC regarding whether construction had started on the Supercharger.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

Yes it has despite winter conditions- – its going right now – I am still seeing just a lot of digging!

Regards,

Lesley

Guest Services | Travelodge Golden (Sportsman Lodge)
P: 250-344-2915 | F: 250-344-2277 | [email protected] | Travelodge Golden, Golden British Columbia Hotel | Travelodge Canada
1200 – 12th Street NE | Golden, BC V0A 1H0

- - - Updated - - -

Revelstoke SC
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Just phoned the Best Western in Revelstoke, BC, they confirmed that construction had started 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
From a recent conversation with a BC Hydro rep. who is involved with the Hope Tesla Supercharger station project, I learned that the remaining hurdle is with a legal property registration that is in the hands of
the Land Titles office. BCH can't do their work until the legal work is complete. He confirmed that nothing is needed from the District of Hope or from Tesla corp. He said that their (BCH’s) property people are working with Land Titles and once completed, BC Hydro should be able to get the rest of the electrical work done fairly readily. He wasn’t able to commit to a charge station completion date but said it should be before Christmas. If it happens next week, that will certainly be something to celebrate.

If you file a charge/lien/right of way, etc. etc. with the Land Titles Office you get it back the same day, unless you file it after 3:00 pm in which case you get it back the next day. This sounds like more excuses from BS Hydro to me.

Golden SC

This is a response i received today from the Travelodge in Golden, BC regarding whether construction had started on the Supercharger.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

Yes it has despite winter conditions- – its going right now – I am still seeing just a lot of digging!

Regards,

Lesley

P: 250-344-2915 | F: 250-344-2277 | [email protected] | Travelodge Golden, Golden British Columbia Hotel | Travelodge Canada

Looks like the trenching in Golden may take a while...here's a few photos of the site that were taken this morning and sent to me. No sign of the equipment crates yet.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Golden SC

Hi,

Regards,

Lesley

Looks like the trenching in Golden may take a while...here's a few photos of the site that were taken this morning and sent to me. No sign of the equipment crates yet.

Pretty nice! According to Superchargers all 5 Supercharger Sites between Vancouver and Calgary are under construction!

WesternCan.jpg

Red Deer SC
_________________________________________________________________________________

Just spoke with the Sheraton Hotel in Red Deer and it seems that construction has started there.
The Douglas Alfero mentioned in the email works for Tesla. So far I have not received any photos.
Facebook group indicates that it has been under construction for the last two weeks!

Hi,

Charlene has been in contact with Douglas Alfero and has forwarded photos to
him today, he indicated that he would send them on to you.

Sue Thomson, CMP

Last edited:
Red Deer SC
_________________________________________________________________________________

Just spoke with the Sheraton Hotel in Red Deer and it seems that construction has started there.
The Douglas Alfero mentioned in the email works for Tesla. So far I have not received any photos.
Facebook group indicates that it has been under construction for the last two weeks!

Hi,

Charlene has been in contact with Douglas Alfero and has forwarded photos to
him today, he indicated that he would send them on to you.

Sue Thomson, CMP

This is great news. I'm going to be doing an Edmonton trip on Wednesday, I'll drive over and take some pictures to share as well.

First time poster to the forum.

I was milling around the Sheraton last friday night looking for a parking spot and happened across the Supercharger site. I was excited to see it and came back this past sunday to take a few photos.

IMG_0578.jpg
IMG_0579.jpg
IMG_0580.jpg

Looking at the TM Supercharger map for 2015, I'm a little surprised there are no apparent plans in the next 1+ years to connect Calgary with I-15 in Montana. To achieve this, TM would only have to plan one additional Supercharger site, in southern Alberta. Two additional sites (perhaps Lethbridge, AB and Shelby, MT) would be better, but probably not absolutely necessary. In the meantime, Calgary and Edmonton are effectively on a North American Supercharger "peninsula" extending from WA/BC.

Looking at the TM Supercharger map for 2015, I'm a little surprised there are no apparent plans in the next 1+ years to connect Calgary with I-15 in Montana. To achieve this, TM would only have to plan one additional Supercharger site, in southern Alberta. Two additional sites (perhaps Lethbridge, AB and Shelby, MT) would be better, but probably not absolutely necessary. In the meantime, Calgary and Edmonton are effectively on a North American Supercharger "peninsula" extending from WA/BC.

I agree completely!

However, to have realistic distances between Superchargers, they need to be no more than 133 miles apart. Canmore to Butte is 530 miles. If you could space the Supercharger sites perfectly, that would require 3 Superchargers, and in reality, you would probably need 4. I still think that it's worth 4 Superchargers to complete the loop, and not leave a peninsula.