Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s Your Favorite Color for the Tesla Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Tesla’s all-electric, mid-size SUV called the Model Y is now available for order. While deliveries won’t start until next year, the car can be configured on the automaker’s website so prospective owners can get an idea of what to expect when the vehicle is in their garage.

The Model Y will start at $39,000 for the Standard Range version, and will also come in Long Range, Dual-Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Performance variants. Model Y Standard Battery will have 230 miles of range, while Model Y Long Range will be able to travel up to 300 miles on a single charge.

Tesla is currently offering the Model Y in five colors with varying prices for each – Standard Black (included), Midnight Silver Metallic ($1,500), Deep Blue Metallic ($1,500), Pearl White Multi-Coat ($2,000), and Red Multi-Coat ($2,500).[/vc_column_text][us_image_slider ids=”6719,6715,6716,6717,6718″ transition=”crossfade”][vc_column_text]Tesla offers the same colors and option pricing on the Model 3.

Which color do you think is best for the Model Y?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the Tesla Y in white with black turbine wheels last year, waiting for delivery soon. Still think it looks great. But I am having second thoughts - I really like the look of metallic blue with white interior. BUT the images online are so misleading - the actually blue color I see on other Tesla cars like the 3 or X is do dull, so different from what they show online. What do people think about Tesla blue? Would it help it "pop" if I applied something like the Ceramic Pro? Does anybody have any experience with Ceramic Pro and how the color (any color) changes if at all? If not, I'll stick to white.
Ceramic coating will not change the color. The blue on Tesla is quite vibrant.

RED MODEL Y.JPG
How can you deny how amazing Red looks? It's got my vote.

That's spectacular! Is that a promotional picture or somebody's car? Cause they all look so nice in pictures, but in real life the colors are much duller. Is it wax that makes the paint look so sparkly and deep?
You know. Ever since photo shop and now lightroom things never look real. We have an X that I can get close to that shine but not as dark.
IMG_20200314_085010.jpg
But Red is always my choice!
Red Gold wing
Red Fiesta
Red Model X
Red Can Am.

I was torn between white and black, but decided on the black, largely due to that (in my opinion) not so great looking black plastic piece on the back of the white.

As for other colors, I feel like silver looks too much like other cars, and red/blue while great in pictures, never look that good in person, they may come close after a car wash, but 2 days in they dont look nearly as good.

Parking lot at my work has at least 20 teslas in it, of all colors (mostly model 3's), so I had the opportunity to juts walk down the parking lot and compare the colors. This is a bit different than going to a show room, since there they make the cars look the best they can. While in a work parking lot its cars that are actually in use. This was also the thing that made me not care about scratches etc showing up easier on black. After a day of driving there is dust/pollen all over any color car, and you cant see any scratches or swirls etc though it. You would have to wash the car every 2 days. Its not enough dust to be visible from more than a few feet away, but from that distance you cant see swirls/scratches either. And dust would still be an issue on white (or any other color) since almost half of the car is black (glass).

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Our Model 3 is pearl white, two would be a bit much. I did like the dark grey but don't think it's avail anymore. Blues are good but theirs are too pure. Maybe a baby powder blue like my old Strat guitar. Clapton had a signature like that.

I think I'm waiting for the truck unless this thing can tow something. Too bad.

Almost a year later... changed my mind on the blue. Black delete and black wheels, very nice. ;)

We pick up our Blue Y with white interior on Mon. With black delete as a stock feature, this 2021 unit will be a perfect replacement for our Murano (also blue). Tow package and FSD, 20" wheels. Pretty nice look. Since we have a white 3, another white Y would have me singing White Room crazy. Red I reserve for the Roadster or Plaid S.

Oh, white seats esp bc we live in Az and the black seats in the 3 can get very hot. And our dog has white fur. Decision was clear.

Oh again... going to paint the brakes BLUE. My product is SoulPedal (for musicians). Of course we gotta have blue shoes!
upload_2020-12-11_9-58-39.png

Reactions: Krock65
That's spectacular! Is that a promotional picture or somebody's car? Cause they all look so nice in pictures, but in real life the colors are much duller. Is it wax that makes the paint look so sparkly and deep?
Actually, the picture is saturated so the red is very ON. Look at the background. But I'm sure it looks even better with the right camera. I would have pulled the trigger on Performance myself, but range is more useful for us. But the test drive performance sure was fun!

Actually, the picture is saturated so the red is very ON. Look at the background. But I'm sure it looks even better with the right camera. I would have pulled the trigger on Performance myself, but range is more useful for us. But the test drive performance sure was fun!
Oh, maybe a post edit to highlight the seats. OK, that would be worth it then.

Almost a year later... changed my mind on the blue. Black delete and black wheels, very nice. ;)

We pick up our Blue Y with white interior on Mon. With black delete as a stock feature, this 2021 unit will be a perfect replacement for our Murano (also blue). Tow package and FSD, 20" wheels. Pretty nice look. Since we have a white 3, another white Y would have me singing White Room crazy. Red I reserve for the Roadster or Plaid S.

Oh, white seats esp bc we live in Az and the black seats in the 3 can get very hot. And our dog has white fur. Decision was clear.

Oh again... going to paint the brakes BLUE. My product is SoulPedal (for musicians). Of course we gotta have blue shoes!
View attachment 616614
You will love the combo!

Attachments

• B6C6937A-0367-4E18-9240-8BB85658C07A.jpeg
    B6C6937A-0367-4E18-9240-8BB85658C07A.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 302