Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s your longest FSD Trip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted on Twitter/Instagram our trip to Florida over the holidays from Michigan. Granted, I could have done a better job at organizing the posts, all of the information is there for our trip. I used NOA as much as possible for this trip. The drive back was similar but split between 3 days. Round trip was about 2,600 miles on NOA.
Amazing.....did you used the options of lane changing with out drivers assistance? I am still quiet scared and not comfortable enough, maybe more driving is required of me....thanks for the info

Amazing.....did you used the options of lane changing with out drivers assistance? I am still quiet scared and not comfortable enough, maybe more driving is required of me....thanks for the info

The settings I used were:

Enable at start of every trip: Yes
Speed based lane changes: Started with Average then eventually switched to Disabled while still in Ohio
Require Lane Change Confirmation: No
Lane Change Notification: Chime

The reason I switched the speed based lane changes to Disabled was because the car was sometimes wanting to attempt to pass a car barely going slower than me while almost cutting cars off that were passing us. Mild was working for me for a bit, but I came to the conclusion that I am much more relaxed not anticipating a random lane change while going slightly slower. If I decided I wanted to move around a slower vehicle, I would then initiate the lane change manually via the blinker stalk and go on my way.

Hands down the easiest drive I've ever taken. It's like driving as a passenger. The micromovements of the steering wheel are handled by the car, no longer requiring your mind to constantly be processing where the wheel needs to be.

I was skeptical about AP during my first trip to Tennessee from Michigan but I was more curious than afraid. I guess that's just the engineering mindset I have, trying to understand how the system behaves.

Cheers!

Reactions: Tron 3

Speed based lane changes: Started with Average then eventually switched to Disabled while still in Ohio

The reason I switched the speed based lane changes to Disabled was because the car was sometimes wanting to attempt to pass a car barely going slower than me while almost cutting cars off that were passing us. Mild was working for me for a bit, but I came to the conclusion that I am much more relaxed not anticipating a random lane change while going slightly slower. If I decided I wanted to move around a slower vehicle, I would then initiate the lane change manually via the blinker stalk and go on my way.

Hands down the easiest drive I've ever taken. It's like driving as a passenger. The micromovements of the steering wheel are handled by the car, no longer requiring your mind to constantly be processing where the wheel needs to be.

I was skeptical about AP during my first trip to Tennessee from Michigan but I was more curious than afraid. I guess that's just the engineering mindset I have, trying to understand how the system behaves.

Cheers!
That the way I do it and Elon was right when he said “you will not care about going slow - if you are not driving.” Took a few to understand him, originally I did not get it, but now I do.

Cheers!
WOW to that.....I will try your settings....thanks

Reactions: 0ptions