Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s your main reason for buying a MYLR or MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got MY LR because I felt it was fast enough for me, I had no clue about EVs, and it was $10k cheaper than MYP.
Now looking back I wish I bought MY SR for $39k that was a killer deal and range is not an issue.
However, today I would get MYP it is just better value than MY LR.

Reactions: chillmode
In Sep 2021, I traded our 2018 LR AWD M3 (with 104K miles) for a 2021 7LR Y ($55K).

Our second car is a 2020 MYP.

Now, Vroom wants to pay $60K for the 2021 7LR Y. Tesla valued the 2020 MYP at $63K. A new 2022 MYP is about $65K.

Always wanted an M3P and range is not any more of an issue since I will be cutting my daily 160 mile commute to about 50 miles a day - so I will trade in the 2020 MYP ($63K) for a M3P ($62K).

Tempted to sell the 7LR Y to get a 4680 MYP.

As for the OP - we had the chance to get one of each. I'd say we will likely keep the 7LR Y for the utility (family of 5), and will let go of the MYP for an M3P (I miss the handling of the smaller and much nimble 3).
How does the MY LR 7 seater work for your family of 5? I just got my MYP less than a week ago and we are a family or 3 (soon to be 4) but we also just got a Tahoe as our family car.

How does the MY LR 7 seater work for your family of 5? I just got my MYP less than a week ago and we are a family or 3 (soon to be 4) but we also just got a Tahoe as our family car.
It's a tight fit when with the 5 of us plus our 🐶. It is ok for short trips - like to the restaurant/theater around town. BUT the space is not good for longer trips - the 3rd row is cramped for anyone above 5 feet.

Reactions: chillmode
It's a tight fit when with the 5 of us plus our 🐶. It is ok for short trips - like to the restaurant/theater around town. BUT the space is not good for longer trips - the 3rd row is cramped for anyone above 5 feet.
Ok that is good to know. I got the MYP because I figured there will be times we will need to take my car but 99% of the time the Tahoe is/will be the family vehicle. We also have a dog too and the new Tahoe has a good size trunk so it works perfectly, he is likely too big for the MYP.