Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the real differences in OEM M3 Performance suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my problem in the past with aftermarket is that you have no idea how the car characteristics will change, just the words of others. What ends up happening to me (ironically) is that people will say so and so spring is bone jarring/stiffer etc and then after the swap it’s obviously not the case.

With the p3d+ I’m assuming that the engineers would have made them close in spec, and that’s why I would trust OEM equipment over trying to decide between all of the aftermarket stuff.

Ive also read way too many times that people regretted replacing the springs on their M3 and eventually went with MPP coils overs. While I now understand that’s the logical choice, I would rather find a cheap set of P3D+ Springs collecting dust (assuming that they are actually different)

Yep, I like when the manufactures offer their own performance upgrades. Chevy is great at this with the Camaro and Corvettes. So many trim levels, and performance options it will make your head spin. I also like that you can find out all the specs on the parts, from brakes, differentials, gearing, sway bars, spring rates, and on and on. Tesla prefers to hide everything from us, which is annoying for enthusiasts.