Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Bluetooth profile (AVRCP) does the M3 use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an SR+ so I dont have the premium streaming radio so I just use Bluetooth like many others. When I play a song via Google Play music or Spotify, the album art shows up but from what I gather, Tesla connects to a 3rd party to match the song with the album art?. Thats great, but I listen to mostly Podcast anyways, and I cant get any podcast album art to show up at all. My question is i know AVRCP version 1.6 supports sending Album Art to the device but wasnt sure if Tesla uses it...doesnt seem they do. I have my phone set to use 1.6 and my podcast app (Pocket Casts) , setting to display the artwork on a bluetooth device. Has anyone figured out how to do so? I also find it mind boggling that one of the most advanced cars doesnt have the progress bar for bluetooth audio.

This wasnt much of an issue since the SR+ was released becuase I am sure most ppl just use the Streaming radio option...but this will become more prevalent as more and more ppl get the SR+

I can't answer your question (other than to confirm that yes, it seems to be broken--my podcast "album art" seems to pick a somewhat random albums loosely based on the title of the episode).

I don't agree that it's just an SR+ issue though, at least not for me. The TunedIn support for podcasts is pretty horrible. It pretty much cannot handle episodes longer than an hour (I get almost constant "loading errors"), and it cannot remember where you left off if you switch to a different audio source. So I end up using my phone as a podcast player and run into the same complaints you list.