Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What comes with model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to pick up my model3 in a week

I have seen a number of check list not sure how may of them are current...

does anyone know what adapters are they giving with model 3

Is the absence of frunk hook and ambient light true ??

Congratulations, my sales adviser emailed me right after I put my deposit down to inform me to (do a number of things including) buy a NEMA 14-50 plug as those aren't included anymore. A mild irritation but it's only $35. From what I've read here on this site it looks like they don't include the hooks in the frunk anymore either or the lighting in the doors. I hope we can add the lighting back ourselves? This is in addition to the removal of the fog lights in the SR+ and previously the removal of floor mats. Tesla keep taking and they've raised their prices too.

To be honest I'm not impressed at the penny pinching, I'm spending $45,000+ on a car and having it unfinished with exposed screws and missing multiple items that were available on previous M3's. I'm starting to think we're being charged premium prices for what is slowing turning into an economy car. What else have they cut corners on to turn extra profits and make the shareholders happy.

Reactions: camalaio
Congratulations, my sales adviser emailed me right after I put my deposit down to inform me to (do a number of things including) buy a NEMA 14-50 plug as those aren't included anymore. A mild irritation but it's only $35. From what I've read here on this site it looks like they don't include the hooks in the frunk anymore either or the lighting in the doors. I hope we can add the lighting back ourselves? This is in addition to the removal of the fog lights in the SR+ and previously the removal of floor mats. Tesla keep taking and they've raised their prices too.

To be honest I'm not impressed at the penny pinching, I'm spending $45,000+ on a car and having it unfinished with exposed screws and missing multiple items that were available on previous M3's. I'm starting to think we're being charged premium prices for what is slowing turning into an economy car. What else have they cut corners on to turn extra profits and make the shareholders happy.

You can’t compare the Model 3 to ICE vehicles because they don’t have the expense associated with the batteries. If you buy a Jaguar I-Pace you will get all of the luxury trim items and it will cost you $75K. If you buy a Chevy Bolt it will cost you less than a Model 3 but it’s far from a luxury car and not nearly as refined as the Model 3. When another EV manufacturer offers better value than the Model 3 that’s when Tesla will have some real competition to deal with. For now nothing is even close.

Reactions: WarpedOne

Floor mats? Whats on the floor of a delivered Model 3?

You can’t compare the Model 3 to ICE vehicles because they don’t have the expense associated with the batteries. If you buy a Jaguar I-Pace you will get all of the luxury trim items and it will cost you $75K. If you buy a Chevy Bolt it will cost you less than a Model 3 but it’s far from a luxury car and not nearly as refined as the Model 3. When another EV manufacturer offers better value than the Model 3 that’s when Tesla will have some real competition to deal with. For now nothing is even close.

Price difference between Model 3 SR+ and similarly equipped Bolt not as much a most think.

Model 3: $39490
Bolt: $43735

Bolt has current $6500 mfg. discount.

Price difference between Model 3 SR+ and similarly equipped Bolt not as much a most think.

Model 3: $39490
Bolt: $43735

Bolt has current $6500 mfg. discount.

And Chevy has admitted they lose money on every Bolt they sell...which they can afford to do since they make lots of money on their ICE vehicles. But Tesla can’t play that game so they have to make the car profitable at whatever price point they are selling it at.

Anyone who wants to complain about missing plastic hooks or frunk mats or pocket lights should go test drive a Chevy Bolt. it will reset their expectations very quickly.

Oh now, we have a Bolt. Great car.

But it's not quite Ivy league, is it? ;)

6C8529870-130805-tom-cruise-510p.fit-760w.jpg

I can and will compare when it comes to price point. Tesla is in the premium segment and they are geared towards the premium segment. If wanted to overpay for exposed, unfinished surfaces and missing features I'd be in the bolt. I do want Tesla to succeed but they have to get their act together and soon. At some point in time they will have to actually deal with a real competitor and those of us that don't buy into brand loyalty will vote with our wallets for a better product.

I can and will compare when it comes to price point. Tesla is in the premium segment and they are geared towards the premium segment. If wanted to overpay for exposed, unfinished surfaces and missing features I'd be in the bolt. I do want Tesla to succeed but they have to get their act together and soon. At some point in time they will have to actually deal with a real competitor and those of us that don't buy into brand loyalty will vote with our wallets for a better product.

Feel free to compare an EV with ICE. Also feel free to compare apples and oranges. Besides four wheels, a passenger compartment and similar usages, the two are different.

You brought up the Bolt. I took delivery 1/06/2017, which makes me one of the earliest owners. Please don't think the Bolt was free of manufacturing defects and QA issues. Heck, Chevy has issued two "critical" recalls since Bolts have been sold. Go to Audi, Mercedes, BMW forums and ask if they suffered from any manufacturing or QA defects. Be prepared for dozens, hundreds of replies, most beginning with "LOL".

What are these exposed, unfinished surfaces in the Model 3 you speak of? The frunk bag hooks? Ok, you got me. I'll have to close my eyes every time I open the frunk and wish I bought a Cadillac instead. When friend/strangers ask you how you like your Model 3, do you answer "yes, but I sure wish it had bag hooks"?

As far as "missing features"... I've scoured the listed features in all the Model 3 trims. Nowhere do I see "frunk hooks". I also do not see any mention of new streaming services, one touch pedal driving, or venting option. When I ordered the Model 3, I thought the range was 310 miles, now it's 323. I'll take any of these features over bag hooks.

We are all frustrated with lack of communication and transparency from Tesla. But it's absurd to think Tesla is alone with these issues, no matter the "premium" designation or not. It's part of the car buying process, and IMO Tesla is no better/worse than the others.

LOL

Which part of "price point" didn't you understand? It's not apples to oranges it's about the segment which is the premium segment.

You bought GM product and made a run at v1.0. There's a fine line between brave and stupid. You bought a premium priced economy box with a battery. Unless I'm mistaken the bolt was a compliance vehicle so they could pump out more pickup trucks and SUV's. I just couldn't waste money like that. I wasn't talking manufacturing defects I was talking penny pinching by Tesla which to be fair isn't nice if we the customer expected X and was sold X then delivered mostly X but missing a few bits.

I think it's safe to say your well within fan boy territory and as long as your happy go ahead and defined Tesla all you like. Meanwhile out here in the real world those of us spending $45k - $60+ on a new vehicle whether it's ICE or EV we don't want to see exposed screws anywhere, we don't want the price going up and the features going down or things being blatantly removed. That's the point I'm making, their penny pinching it making parts of the car look cheap. At this price point I'm not paying for cheap? If your first thought is to respond with.. well you could buy the missing parts you need to stop and understand you've drunk way too much of the Tesla cool aide.

I totally agree. When most people think of Tesla, they don't think of buying their own floor mats and trying to make do with all the missing items that would be there in a Honda Civic. Sorry, but a Tesla - all Teslas - are luxury cars. They drive like many luxury cars - even better.

If Tesla needs more cash flow, then raise the price a bit more. What's a couple of hundred dollars in the whole price of a Model 3? Most people would pay it. We definitely don't want a car slapped together missing paint in places.

Reactions: George75
I can understand Tesla doing this for budget reasons, but they should be honest with customers, like they made is clear the difference between trims, I won't complain about satellite maps (ordered SR+) because as a customer I know that's not a included feature. But for Tesla to constantly taking away things like Homelink, floor mats, frunk mat, cargo hooks, door pocket lights, 14-50 adapter, etc without notifying customers it's really getting annoying. Cargo hook maybe a small thing, and many people don't use them, but to me they are important as I plan to put takeouts in the frunk and hooks are a must. What Tesla should have done is announcing that after a certain date certain changes will be made to the car, and what other stuff will get removed, and here is the link to buy it afterwards. Like I said in another thread most people defending Tesla's decision are people who got the car before all those changes so they have all these amenities that newer owners won't have.

And yes compare to model 3 the Bolt is more refined, and just about any other EV on the market. I love Tesla very much so removing those stuff won't affect my decision right now, but a few years down the road when other manufacturers have caught up Tesla will have some serious competition. I kinda hoped Tesla could have kept on raising price instead of decontent the car...... Apple had similar issue with the iPhone at the beginning, certain features available on Android are missing due to design compromises and cost issues, but Apple ended up just raise the price and kept their phones in the premium segment.

Reactions: George75
On the subject of mats and floor coverings: Are -any- (even the carpeted ones) included in recent production? How about the trunk?

IIRC, only the Premium Interior (LR, P trims) comes with mats, not the Partial Premium of the SR+. And they’re the carpets, not the all-weather mats that most people here seem to favor.

I just ordered the SR+ and I’m happy to pick out my own mats. I also would point out that a lot of cars don’t come with floor mats on the more basic trims. (My previous car, a Prius Prime, didn’t, for example.)

• Informative
Reactions: dandrewk
IIRC, only the Premium Interior (LR, P trims) comes with mats, not the Partial Premium of the SR+. And they’re the carpets, not the all-weather mats that most people here seem to favor.

I just ordered the SR+ and I’m happy to pick out my own mats. I also would point out that a lot of cars don’t come with floor mats on the more basic trims. (My previous car, a Prius Prime, didn’t, for example.)

/bonkme. Yeah, it's right there on the "design" website. Premium included interior floor mats. No mention of trunk, but I'd have to assume it has one as well.

As to the frunk? Not so much. I'm deciding if we even need one. The Tesla version is $70, but I bet third party versions are cheaper.