Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What comes with the SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car yesterday- only 12 miles but it was muddy and now noticing, or maybe wondering what things are supposed to come with the car that maybe aren't.

Mine had:

- No floormats- I seem to remember reading these are now not included with SR+
- No phone chargers - I thought these were included
- My manuals were not wrapped in plastic or anything. Just making sure no one else opened them
- Car Charger with 2 adaptors in a case- again none were wrapped in plastic wrapping or anything like that
- No frunk ir trunk mat- I think this doesn't come with car anymore.

Anything else? So hard to know as they just have you sign and off you go.

Those are all correct for the current SR+.

At least you got manuals - my last vehicle (Cadillac XT5) never did. My LR AWD did, thankfully - same thing; charger in a bag, manuals in glovebox. Glad there was no plastic wrap - wholly unnecessary ecological waste. Small stuff adds up: Delta Airlines stopped wrapping their business & first class amenity kits with plastic wrap. That saves 30,000 pounds of plastic from the landfill! Wholly unnecessary wrap. Small stuff matters.

Just out of curiosity, what is the concern with plastic wrapping taken off? Over the years I've bought over a dozen new cars, and at least two thirds of them have been "prepped" by the dealer which included the removal of all plastic wrapping materials and things like that.

But your experience seems consistent with what I received with mine back in April. I don't remember any packaging materials around the stuff you mention. Or floormats, for that matter. But those whom he had relatively inexpensively online.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Got my car yesterday- only 12 miles but it was muddy and now noticing, or maybe wondering what things are supposed to come with the car that maybe aren't.

Mine had:

- My manuals were not wrapped in plastic or anything. Just making sure no one else opened them
- Car Charger with 2 adaptors in a case- again none were wrapped in plastic wrapping or anything like that

Those items you can purchase and is tangible. I'd focus more on software. For example, most recent update 2019.50.40.5 I lost immersive sound. Big drop in sound quality. It was part of the partial premium package when I purchased May 2019.

That sucks with this new SaS model. Software based features can be taken away at any notice essentially.

Finally to answer your question. I had to buy the carpets interior and frunk. No USB cables. Did get the second generation charger however did have to purchase the nema 14-50 adapter. Did not get any paper manual which I'm completely fine with. Noticed no frunk/emergency sticker for emergency services.

Also when I picked up my Model 3, it was more or less that. Sign and go. Service rep did walk me some basics.

Mine had:

- Floor mats dont come with the SR+
- Phone chargers no longer come with any trim model 3
- No idea.. the actual manual is loaded in the car on the touch screen, and available in your tesla account online. Any physical book you got is not the full manual, but may be some sort of quick use guide.
- Mobile kit is not wrapped in any plastic
- not sure on the frunk mat, but fairly sure this no longer comes with the car.

So, no, you are not missing anything.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt
Sounds like everything is correct for an SR+. I took delivery of my SR+ right when they came out (I was the first delivery of one from the Tyson’s Corner location). The frunk mat and floor mats have never been included with an SR+. My delivery was exactly as you described, except I got the phone charging cables (but they are now no longer included, as a poster noted above) and a 14-50 adapter, which is also no longer included on all deliveries. I’m assuming the “two charging adapters” are the 5-15 (standard 120v household outlet) and J1772 adapter? If you didn’t get the latter, make sure to go back and get one, that is probably the most critical piece if you charge at any public level 2 charging station. I didn’t have plastic wrap on anything and I assumed that the case for all deliveries.

Reactions: CAM3RON
That sucks with this new SaS model. Software based features can be taken away at any notice essentially.

I understand the concern, that's just not how it works. If they were to yank features that were paid for upon delivery and then try and sell them back, would be a legal disaster waiting to happen. Immersive sound should be there, sounds like you have some kind of glitch that they should be able to take care of.

Good example is how fog lights used to be standard with the SR +, but are now only included with the LR models. My car was purchased when they were included, and I haven't lost that functionality through any software updates. It was part of what I paid for at time of purchase, so I don't expect them to make any attempt to claw that back. To my knowledge they haven't tried with any of us that purchased before this feature was removed.

Premium connectivity is different, and the fine print of all models deliver past a certain point last year indicated it would be a paid service after a certain point. This is why they haven't shut off the free service for those who bought their cars before that point; it was paid for with the car, so they have no legal basis to do so.

FWIW,

I went with aftermarket mats and wireless chargers on our 3's. I have a 2 foot stack of OEM car mats in my garage from vehicles over the years.

I also went with aftermarket mats (3d maxpiders), and saved my OEM ones "because". Glad I did, because a co worker of mine got (hopefully) a SR+ to replace his wifes BMW 340 and I gave him my OEM ones.

I say "hopefully" because he ordered in October, and had not received delivery by mid december and I have not checked in with him this year yet to see if he got his car before the EOY credit expiration. I gave him the mats a while ago though.

I also went with aftermarket mats (3d maxpiders), and saved my OEM ones "because". Glad I did, because a co worker of mine got (hopefully) a SR+ to replace his wifes BMW 340 and I gave him my OEM ones.

Sometimes we’re on the exact same wavelength .... change “BMW 340” to “Honda Odyssey” and I could’ve written the message.

Reactions: jjrandorin