Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What components in a Tesla are made from fossil fuels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that is a heck of a lot of fossil fuels for an electric car.
I wonder how far Tesla is behind Polestar on this issue
Whilst there may be a few people interested in this topic, I'd argue the majority aren't. I consider myself a "regular guy" in that I don't obsess with these sort of debates. If Teslas uses the same fossil fuels as ICE in manufacturing, then there's no issue.

The fact that I don't have to go to a petrol station every fortnight is reason enough to get an EV. People don't realise that they go to petrol stations every fortnight, every year, for like 50+ years. That's a lot of time wasted.

Whilst there may be a few people interested in this topic, I'd argue the majority aren't. I consider myself a "regular guy" in that I don't obsess with these sort of debates. If Teslas uses the same fossil fuels as ICE in manufacturing, then there's no issue.

The fact that I don't have to go to a petrol station every fortnight is reason enough to get an EV. People don't realise that they go to petrol stations every fortnight, every year, for like 50+ years. That's a lot of time wasted.
The problem is that ICE folk often use it as misinformation that the EV build process somehow is worse than the lifetime emissions of the car. Important to give the people that ask a sanity check and show them the stats.

I’ve found this approach more effective then trying to sell saving the planet. Over a year most spend well over a day at a servo, whereas filling from home adds 40 minures of plugging and unplugging over a year. Time poor people understand that point. Just dont tell them it has environmental benefits. Same goes for solar panels. Sell the $ saved not the environmental gains.
This is not to diminish the importance of environmental consideration, its just that most are more responsive to other attributes.