Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Model 3 today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not quite the durability I was looking for.

@dmurphy I didn’t expect it to be cheaply made and so expensive to repair.

@Naftaturbo Wow, that post was right after I got my car 2 years ago. What a flashback. It’s not so precious any more, but still not a fan of the corvette... other than the ‘57 that I detailed my Tesla to look like.
I plead Covid19. So much time to catch up on Tesla M3 stuff :). I'd love to see a good photo of your car; I thought it looked like you'd done a C1 cove but couldn't be sure. What a great imaginative idea!
BTW, if you hadn't noticed my photo is of me driving off-road at Anza-Borrego (see the off-road vehicle only sign...); you shoulda seen the looks on the faces of all the Walker Evan-wannabes with their store-bought jacked-up SUVs. My wife has a year-old red M3 that we both really like, but for wild flower chasing (and other stuff) my 'vette with the top down and a stick to row can't be beat.

Not quite the durability I was looking for.

For what it is worth, I think Tesla changed the material on the steering wheel T logo soon after your car was made.
The early ones were very shiny chrome looking, and later cars (mine was Apr 2018) have a more flat looking finish.

wheel1.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up my new M3 Standard Plus Sunday and today received my rubber mats and sunscreens.
I did notice my head was hot while driving it 200 miles to my home.
I stopped at 100 miles to supercharge - 20 minutes and on my way home.
The ride was so much better than 2 Lexus cars I've owned and 1000% better than the 3 Prius cars I've owned.
I am bummed that I cannot easily connect my Sirius account. I bought Sirius for life account when it first came out. So even though progress moves on I plan on figuring out how to get Sirius in my Tesla. Why use inTune or Spotify? Weak substitutes.

All in all I love my new car. The bumps in the road will be figured out eventually.