Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you name your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but wouldn't it be cool if Tesla named the car for us. Each car delivered uniquely named, similar to the 80's Beanie Baby collectable fad. I think that would be cool and a nice surprise on delivery day, unless you get a bad name of course. :)

ArcaBlue

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Elon is a fan of Ian Banks culture series, hence the names of the SpaceX drone ships. If the cars came with names from the factory, you could bet that they would be in that style. Honestly, once the AI in the cars is a little further along, Tesla will let them name themselves.

Looking forward to meeting “Ludicrous Gravitas” and ”Who brought the salmon?”

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but wouldn't it be cool if Tesla named the car for us. Each car delivered uniquely named, similar to the 80's Beanie Baby collectable fad. I think that would be cool and a nice surprise on delivery day, unless you get a bad name of course. :)

Please, please, please noooooooooo!!! I would never want somebody else to name my car. They say it's bad luck to change the name of a boat. What if it's the same for a car and they gave it some horrid name, like Eyebrow Tweezers? Or Magelthom Gorpelpot. How would you like to be stuck with a car named Magelthom Gorpelpot? Or maybe a name in one of those African languages with clicks in them that you could not pronounce? What if the voice commands only responded when you said the car's name, and the name was in an Asian tonal language and you could never pronounce it right?

No, no, no!!! Let us name our own cars, or just continue to call them "my car." :eek: