Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you dislike most about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front Trunk is my biggest gripe. Why we couldnt have just rested it down and the car electronically pull it in is a shame. Biggest gripe cuz I know It's hardware and can't be fixed.

Also, my lack of awareness of news cuz the sound system is too awesome to just have the news on .... I must play music nice and loud ..... it sounds soooo good.

Came up with another one. I really dislike that I can't fit it in my luggage to take it with me on a plane. I'm visiting in-laws this weekend and I'm stuck driving a Charger. It requires me to push a button on the keyfob to unlock it, I have to push another button on the dash to start it, it makes an obnoxious noise on the throttle, there's no regenerative braking, it won't even try to drive itself, and I'll have to stop at a gas station on the way back to the airport.

The Model 3 has really ruined my impression of pretty much every other car.

I wish the 3 had a dedicated stalk on the left side of the wheel for Autopilot / cruise control. 1) that would make moving between S/X & 3 easier. I occasionally now try to put the S into Park when adjusting its CC. 2) it would free up the right steering buttons for some future function. I'm concerned they are now locked into Autopilot controls.

I wish the 3 had a dedicated stalk on the left side of the wheel for Autopilot / cruise control. 1) that would make moving between S/X & 3 easier. I occasionally now try to put the S into Park when adjusting its CC. 2) it would free up the right steering buttons for some future function. I'm concerned they are now locked into Autopilot controls.

I don't see why that can't add more controls to the steering wheel. A couple of years ago Musk talked about the fancy model 3 steering wheel. Obviously he was not referring to what is sold today.

I find the shortage of physical controls plus Musk bragging about the great M3 margins an unattractive combination. I think in the lower price range it is completely acceptable to have additional controls only on the wheel and column. But it is not acceptable to not include a few more buttons and levels where there is clearly space to do so.

This is Musk playing at Steve Jobs minimalist UI mojo without putting in the time to get it right. What they created was a UI that is tolerable but undesirably minimalist. The current control setup works with early adapters because so much of the car is great. But it is not a good mass market strategy.

I assume the current steering wheel/column controls uses a bus type interface and that adding controls requires no wiring changes beyond that assembly and a software update.

Front Trunk is my biggest gripe. Why we couldnt have just rested it down and the car electronically pull it in is a shame. Biggest gripe cuz I know It's hardware and can't be fixed.

Also, my lack of awareness of news cuz the sound system is too awesome to just have the news on .... I must play music nice and loud ..... it sounds soooo good.

Frunk: sounds like a pretty lucrative aftermarket product...

Can’t be hard to implement...plastic housing, pressure switch, teeny electric motor: housing costs the mold, so need to move 20,000 - remainder is <$1.00 components.

Giant margins...