Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does APPC mean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Looking at a CPO X and it has APPC mentioned instead of AP1 or AP2. It's a Dec build 2016 year 90D and from the pics, I know it has AP2 HW.
The sales rep I spoke to said he was sure it had AP2 and Enhanced Autopilot while the listing whichever he pulled out from a different internal source said it had Autopilot convenience features.

Not sure what to do and how else to determine if it has enhanced autopilot. Anyone know of AP2 HW cars having AP1 software and if yes, cost to upfrade.

Thanks

Also, it's a Titanium on Tan in a 6 seat setup with pup and tow and lifetime supercharging. Listing says had AutoPilot convenience features but he was saying since it's AP2, it has the enhanced autopilot. I've triple checked with him and he insists it is. Look at attached. This has 7k miles.

Attachments

• 1544037817924_image002.png
    1544037817924_image002.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 176
  • image002.png
    image002.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 218
Frank. Pmd the VIN. It's not on the CPO page anymore.

Thanks. It's definitely AP2, but I don't have any idea what APPC is. There's also another unknown Autopilot code APFC (see options display below).

What's really strange is that "Autopilot Convenience Features", up until now, was ONLY used to describe AP1. AP2 was always "Enhanced Autopilot" or "Full Self Driving".

But I think you can be confident that it has AP2 hardware. It might not have EAP enabled.

The APPC code only appears on a handful of 2016 and 2017 MS and MX. None in 2018.

And as evidenced by the link Don TLR posted, Tesla doesn't have a description for the code either.

upload_2018-12-5_14-31-17.png

Interesting. If you look at the images posted by me earlier, the X comes with AP1 Software it seems while ev-cpo says No AP. Not sure where else to get more insight from than Tesla and my CPO guy although confident could be clueless.

You can't have AP1 software with AP2 hardware (well, you can but that's called "EAP", and a discussion for another thread. :):D)

It's either one or the other, likely AP2 without Autopilot activated would be my guess.

I'm guessing it's an internal error with the option codes, which certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Well, i did put a deposit on it and would have to fly down to pick it up. I just need to be reasonably sure before i go get it and this is still in limbo. Do i take his word for it and if i find that it does not have EAP, what is my recourse and will they honor what the used OA said. Any CPO experience you've had Hank? I'll be looking on the forums for other people's CPO experiences to know how Tesla handles it.

How did you confirm it has AP2 hardware?

I think one way to confirm AP2 software (EAP) would be to take a photo of the MCU(touchscreen) with the Autopilot settings page. But I don't think Tesla will do that, especially if the car is at a Manheim auction site.

Maybe ask the sales person to clarify exactly what APPC means? It's a code that only appears in a handful of 2016 and 2017 cars with AP2 hardware, but stopped in 2017 and none in 2018.

I guess the only other option is to get it in writing (like on the MVPA, not just an email) that it has AP2/EAP activated and if not, it's added as a 'due-bill' item to be activated for free at your local service center once you take delivery.

Finally, Tesla is now back to shipping cars to your local service/sales center for $2000 if that's an option for you instead of flying to get it.

Good luck!

AP2 confirmation by pics. Yes, it is at Adesa so not really sure how to get additional pics. I'l try to get it on the MVPA or due-bill. Also, 2k for shipping is a lot. Could get it for under half the price based on uShip quotes. Flights are cheap to FL and if i can get it on the due-bill, i'll just get it shipped. Thanks for all the help.

Dropbox:Dropbox - 5YJXCBE21GF018174 - Simplify your life

Reactions: HankLloydRight
It means it has dual chargers on board. It can charge up to 72 amps if im not mistaken (on the amp part)

I'm sorry, but this is not accurate. All the option codes that deal with on-board chargers begin with "CH".

All the codes that being with "AP" are Autopilot related codes.

For instance, these are the codes related to the dual or hi-amp chargers:
  • CH01 Dual Chargers
  • CH04 High Amperage Charger Upgrade