Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does pushing the Gateway reset button exactly do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have issues with Tesla energy system, 48 panels, 2 PW's. It seems to be spiking my voltage levels. My utility PG&E has tested the service connection and it is perfect, no fluctuations. Tesla is investigating the issue.

I was thinking of resetting the gateway, but can not find any info on what that exactly does.

Could this help my issue????

I have issues with Tesla energy system, 48 panels, 2 PW's. It seems to be spiking my voltage levels. My utility PG&E has tested the service connection and it is perfect, no fluctuations. Tesla is investigating the issue.

I was thinking of resetting the gateway, but can not find any info on what that exactly does.

Could this help my issue????
Likely voltage fluctuations are coming from a loose termination but it could also be a hardware issue. I doubt a TEG reset would help but you can try.

When you say "Spiking my voltage levels" what measurement device are you using? Where are you measuring the spikes? How large are the spikes?

The TEG is basically a computer to control the powerwalls based on external inputs, and provide a place to backfeed that power. Resetting it will do the same as other computers, and isn't a bad thing to try.

The Tesla System is causing my house to have intermittent hard stops, lights flash violently, house crashes. The house then starts back up but I have to reset modems, flat screens, appliance LRF's, etc, annoying.

Tesla blamed PG&E but after extensive testing the PG&E service is perfect voltage, no fluctuations clean. Tesla has escalated this to their top level of support, but said it could take 20 days. Meanwhile this issue is crashing my house, not good for my electronics. It is intermittent, did not do anything yesterday perfect, but symptoms before crashing is blinking lights, clicking my power conditioners, and then bang, house crashes. This has been going on for about a week now.

Ideas, comments, what would cause a Tesla system to do this??????????

Tesla said they would try and do the remote adjustments, but how is that going to fix anything, and if needed replace the Gateway.

Comments, help?

Thanks

The Tesla System is causing my house to have intermittent hard stops, lights flash violently, house crashes. The house then starts back up but I have to reset modems, flat screens, appliance LRF's, etc, annoying.

Tesla blamed PG&E but after extensive testing the PG&E service is perfect voltage, no fluctuations clean. Tesla has escalated this to their top level of support, but said it could take 20 days. Meanwhile this issue is crashing my house, not good for my electronics. It is intermittent, did not do anything yesterday perfect, but symptoms before crashing is blinking lights, clicking my power conditioners, and then bang, house crashes. This has been going on for about a week now.

Ideas, comments, what would cause a Tesla system to do this??????????

Tesla said they would try and do the remote adjustments, but how is that going to fix anything, and if needed replace the Gateway.

Comments, help?

Thanks
When you notice lights flickering, is there any noise from the gateway? It might make a loud clicking sound?

Started about a week or so ago with slight dimming of the lights, never before, then started getting clicking from my power surge protector and conditioners, and then about 4 days ago it has gotten worst with house randomly shutting down. My first notice of something wrong was in Back up history and events 80 few second outages in 24 hours period, over 3 days had about 100 or more of these. Tesla told me it was PG&E after testing it is not.

Now it seems to have quieted down, not sure why? This is really bothering me.

Thanks, because it is the whole house, how would a kill a watt meter show voltage for the whole house. Not sure how I would use it.

Also, PG&E did extensive testing at the meter.

"PGE voltage at meter on 4/0 service feed is very good 121.3 / 121.2 to neutral. Hooked load center on service at meter and had good load with minimal voltage change and no neutral drop out. Amps on left side of service leg was 1.7 amps right side leg was 6.0 amps testing at 21:15 Friday night."

I am trying to understand how a Tesla System could trigger such an event.

That is why I asked about resetting the gateway.

Thanks

Thanks, because it is the whole house, how would a kill a watt meter show voltage for the whole house. Not sure how I would use it.

Also, PG&E did extensive testing at the meter.

"PGE voltage at meter on 4/0 service feed is very good 121.3 / 121.2 to neutral. Hooked load center on service at meter and had good load with minimal voltage change and no neutral drop out. Amps on left side of service leg was 1.7 amps right side leg was 6.0 amps testing at 21:15 Friday night."

I am trying to understand how a Tesla System could trigger such an event.

That is why I asked about resetting the gateway.

Thanks
the killa watt shows volatage / frequency at outlet .(among other things) . u just plug it into any outlet .. thinking is u can go off grid see readings go back and see if gateway or some other component maybe is doing something like changing frequency (away from 60hz) unnecessarily or extremely or if perhaps voltage jumping around 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Helpful
Reactions: aesculus