Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features do/will exist in FSD? What is the $3K FSD price for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like everything is being included in EAP right now.

I would have thought that features such as summon would be part of FSD....although now that I think about it....its part of EAP in the Model S and X as well.

What features do you see making it to FSD?

Traffic light detection?
Sign detection?

What else......for $3k?

I recommend you read this page. It seems pretty clear and not sure anyone would know for sure what would be different.

Autopilot

My high level belief is that EAP is mostly Freeway Driving and FSD is Surface Street Driving. Both will support Navigation. I.E. EAP says from ON-Ramp to OFF-RAMP which would have to include Navigation to do that. Before you get on the ON-Ramp and after you get off the OFF-Ramp you would be using FSD via Navigation. That is why Stop Sign and Traffic Light Detection would be part of FSD ($3k).

I am not familiar with Summon but I think it is covered in the link above.

Wish Tesla provided TACC as a default or as a standalone lower-priced package. I am still unclear if Emergency braking, Lane-keep-assist, blind-spot monitoring, etc are part of the standard build, or at least part of PUP

Cars With Advanced Safety Systems
Toyota Safety Sense

Other than Autosteer, Tesla does not have Lane Keep Assist. Emergency braking, side collision warning, front collision warning and auto high-beam are all standard safety features. (theoretically, both with PUP and Standard trim)

Ditto on EAP being on-ramp to off-ramp and FSD including off-highway driving and fully autonomous parking/summon in parking lots. I hope EAP and FSD will eventually be Level 4+, but I'm guessing they will eventually be Level 3 at some point.

From my experience with the 3's safety features, the car is already able to "see" traffic lights/cars and correctly "interpret" potential dangers, like a distracted driver missing a green light while all the other cars around it are moving.