Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with purchasing decision - what's in the latest MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Community,

Given the recent price drops with MY in Canada and the ability to transfer FSD and Supercharing, I'm highly considering purchasing a new MY. It just seems like such a great deal, but I would like to know what's "in" the MY right now. I haven't followed the updates as closely. For example, does MY have HW4 now? Does it have matrix lights? What are the latest features?

Hi Tesla Community,

Given the recent price drops with MY in Canada and the ability to transfer FSD and Supercharing, I'm highly considering purchasing a new MY. It just seems like such a great deal, but I would like to know what's "in" the MY right now. I haven't followed the updates as closely. For example, does MY have HW4 now? Does it have matrix lights? What are the latest features?
HW4 yes
Matrix yes
M3, CT, MS and MX have no stalks
So, MY Stalks Yes (opposite of new)

The current MY is perfect.
I’d go for it as rhe refresh, Jupiter, won’t be for at least nine months.

Reactions: Dave99
What do you have now? Probably not a Y if you have free supercharging.
I have a Model X and 3 right now. I'm considering transferring the FSD from my 3 and Supercharging from my X to a new Y.

Are there any thoughts are Shanghai vs Freemont versions? I think right now the LR MYs are coming from Shanghai (with 497KM range). What's the general consensus?

I have a Model X and 3 right now. I'm considering transferring the FSD from my 3 and Supercharging from my X to a new Y.

Are there any thoughts are Shanghai vs Freemont versions? I think right now the LR MYs are coming from Shanghai (with 497KM range). What's the general consensus?
I picked up MY LR in Toronto last week. It was made in Fremont. I don’t think it has gigacasting front end but I don’t know how to confirm that. Also the glass at the back is not two layer. Stereo has all the speakers. Mine has 497km range. Fit and finish is good, no complaints. The USB in the glove compartment is the old type A not C and may have some throughput problems as the front camera images are distorted. Otherwise car seems perfect. I will take it in if the next software version does not fix the camera - its only 1 week old so I want to wait for it to settle in.

Hi Tesla Community,

Turn signal stalks - I bought 2 MYs in 2023 just to get those.

It was reported that you can do this on social media. I asked a Tesla rep and confirmed, so I assume you can. I'm not getting rid of my X and 3, no.
Ah, ok. You’ll like the Y — we replaced my wife’s 2018 3 with a 2023 Y last year, partly to take advantage of the FSD transfer promotion in effect at that time. Feels much more solid, and we both enjoy the higher seating position. I also upgraded my 2018 S to a 2023 S last year, but unfortunately that was before the FSD transfer promotion (I just went with EAP this time).

Bought a Model Y last year 2023 without test driving it vs a Model 3. Been curious if I made the right choice. My Y is in the shop for ceramic coating so I rented a Model 3 from Hertz. It’s a 2023 not Highland. It definitely is a little more manueverable as expected and you sit lower. But I’m convinced now that I made the right choice. The Y is just more substantial and feels better on the highway. Second guessing now resolved.

Bought a Model Y last year 2023 without test driving it vs a Model 3. Been curious if I made the right choice. My Y is in the shop for ceramic coating so I rented a Model 3 from Hertz. It’s a 2023 not Highland. It definitely is a little more manueverable as expected and you sit lower. But I’m convinced now that I made the right choice. The Y is just more substantial and feels better on the highway. Second guessing now resolved.
like we all say, M3 for fun, MY for utility
Camry vs Highlander, the old story holds true
Now Cybertruck conquers both, fun and utility ;)

Reactions: JMGNC