Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens when you take a vehicle off of hold - do you go to the end of the current que?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYP on hold until February 27, 2021. Does anyone know what happens when that hold period is up, or if I choose to end the hold early? Do I get bumped up in the que for having waited well past my initial EDD? Do they treat me like a new order in that I 'rejoin the que'... and placed at the very back of it the moment the hold is lifted?

Thanks!

I would assume you’ll be placed in queue behind all other orders made prior to your release time. Your EDD should be in line with new orders made around the time of the hold release.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't mind as it only increases the odds, however unlikely, I'll get a 4680 equipped vehicle... and hey, every month is means that much more goes to the down payment lol.

I had this same question and have a second MYLR on order for my parents, but was expecting to take delivery in 2022 for any possible tax credits. Current EDD is 12/16 - 12/31. I know that puts me in the EOQ rush, but I'll have to request to be unmatched if they match me before 12/31.

I contemplated putting my order on hold, but who knows what that would do to my EDD. So I'm letting it roll at this point.

Reactions: Stook02ss
For what it’s worth it says the same on my order page now. Or course it’s open to interpretation what the next available would be

Attachments

• B3B158AE-40C8-4373-9FAD-9820E412AA82.jpeg
    B3B158AE-40C8-4373-9FAD-9820E412AA82.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 394
Reactions: Stook02ss
For what it’s worth it says the same on my order page now. Or course it’s open to interpretation what the next available would be
I might end up reserving a second vehicle here soon. Wait a month and put it on hold as well if they let me. Plan is to try and have options should they transition to 4680s around the time my car is delivered - I'd pay an extra 1250 (250 order fee,, 1000 more than my current reservation) to get one!