Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What I missed most about the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own both of these cars (P85 and X90D). They both have their place. My wife drives the X more. I love that my S has normal people back doors. I throw groceries in the back behind my seat but never do it in the X. Being low suits me. But I agree - the windshield and automatic doors (and better seats) are nice when I drive the X.

The X is definitely nice and Elon had said that there won't be another one built quite like it ever again ("exercise in hubris.") I disagree about the self-presenting doors though. I turned that off stat! While nice that the door opens for you while your hands are occupied, how often does that happen? What happens more often is the door opens all the time while you're in the garage forcing you to close it, or worse, doors opening without you noticing only to come back later to find it ajar. I think it closes itself after awhile, but I've also noticed that my door is left open as well.

The X is definitely nice and Elon had said that there won't be another one built quite like it ever again ("exercise in hubris.") I disagree about the self-presenting doors though. I turned that off stat! While nice that the door opens for you while your hands are occupied, how often does that happen? What happens more often is the door opens all the time while you're in the garage forcing you to close it, or worse, doors opening without you noticing only to come back later to find it ajar. I think it closes itself after awhile, but I've also noticed that my door is left open as well.
Sorry I said automatic doors not self present door. I do not miss the self present.

Not sure about that self presenting door either.

Funny I hate the large windshield and have the top half of the windshield fully blocked with a heatshield.

Loved my Signature P85 with the solid roof, but needed the extra passenger space of the 7 seater due to my grandkids.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I completely love the windshield and the view when traveling (downtown Chicago, MT Glacier National Park, CO Rocky Mountain/Parks, view of support when traveling on a bridge, windy roads thru Smokey Mtns). I've done all those and more. it is awesome!

I own both of these cars (P85 and X90D). They both have their place. My wife drives the X more. I love that my S has normal people back doors. I throw groceries in the back behind my seat but never do it in the X. Being low suits me. But I agree - the windshield and automatic doors (and better seats) are nice when I drive the X.

I almost always put my groceries in the Frunk in our X. Usually in the trunk area on an occasional Costco run. Pretty good sized, quick and convenient. Also nice as I can close the garage door when I pull in.

The X is definitely nice and Elon had said that there won't be another one built quite like it ever again ("exercise in hubris.")
I think Elon is likely right with that prediction.

I owned an S for 3 1/2 years. My X is a fantastic road trip car — and yes the windshield is wonderful — but I don’t need the Falcon Wings and I strongly prefer smaller cars. I only bought the X to tow my travel trailer. My Dual Motor 3 is for me the best car I have ever owned. I really love it. I would love it even more if it was about 10% smaller, didn’t have a back seat, and had a hatchback. :)

Reactions: ohmman