Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is beta mode for tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla service adviser told me that all Teslas are in Beta mode. What could she possibly have meant? I understand some features are still a test mode.
Yes:

Windshield wiper. No need for an expensive Rain Sensor. The high-tech Pure Vision has taken over.
High Beam. Same deal: It's now Pure Vision
Proximity distance display while parking: Same deal: If you can guess, Pure Vision will be able to!
Cruise Control: No more boring with the same speed setting from the 1950s, it's now Pure Vision with fancy Phantom Brake effects...

Reactions: father_of_6
I actually think it's a very fair statement from the service advisor. A large part of the Tesla experience feels like "beta".

Unfortunately, many of the pain points seem to get worse over time instead of better (bad software updates).

That said, the cars still drive like a dream.

Bruna the service advisor says ALL teslas are in Beta mode. This was in response to the car shifting into park while in motion.

All FSD is beta. I have no idea of what conversation you had with your advisor. Usually, this is some form of "telephone game". I just know you are not happy with your car, which is fine. There is no such thing as the entire car being "beta". Certain features, as you said, are beta. There is nothing else, regardless of what an advisor said.

Reactions: ODWms
What were you doing when it shifted into park? Did you hit the button to engage park? Any chance you shifted your weight off of the seat? What speed did this happen at?

The thread this OP joined to post on this topic can be found here:

Reactions: cgell