Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is supposed to come with the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my 2017 model S 75D. The car was an inventory vehicle and delivered directly to me. my delivery experience was less than ideal. I wasn't notified of any progress and then to my surprise I got a call that the car was being delivered yesterday. I wasn't home take delivery so it came today. The car was filthy I don't think it went through a Tesla center to be inspected but all in all everything looks good I'm going to take it in tomorrow for a full detail.

My question is what should the car come with it came with two keys and one charging cable. No floor mats nothing else what else should I expect.

Just took delivery of my 2017 model S 75D. The car was an inventory vehicle and delivered directly to me. my delivery experience was less than ideal. I wasn't notified of any progress and then to my surprise I got a call that the car was being delivered yesterday. I wasn't home take delivery so it came today. The car was filthy I don't think it went through a Tesla center to be inspected but all in all everything looks good I'm going to take it in tomorrow for a full detail.

My question is what should the car come with it came with two keys and one charging cable. No floor mats nothing else what else should I expect.

Just check your charging cable. It should have 3 adapters (unless they've changed things). J1772, 14-50 and 5-15.

Here's a link to Tesla website so you can see what they look like:

Tesla — Model S > Charging and Adapters

You should also have a tow hook.

Otherwise, those three main things sounds about right.

Also I would suggest you run the car with "creep" mode if you are coming from an automatic transmission car until you get more used to how the car handles. That will simulate the low end movements of an automatic transmission. Coming from a manual transmission may be less of an issue, but for me, not having the clutch made it feel weird to not have the "creep" mode turned on.

Congrats! Welcome to TMC!

Do you literally mean no floormats, like there's velcro pucks exposed, or just no fancy floormats?

The car for me came with two keys, a bag with a charging cable and the J1772 adapter, and two short charging cables (micro USB and lightning) for assembling that phone charging dock in the center armrest area.

As far as detailing, my experience has been mixed. I took delivery of my 70D during a production rush, and that was a really basic delivery experience. The vehicle wasn't detailed though it was generally clean, and was just hooked up to a supercharger as we signed paperwork indoors. I opted out of a delivery orientation to expedite getting back to work.

My second delivery for my 100D was a totally different experience. It was also at the exact same place, but they set up a booth with a congratulations sign and a box containing the two keys. Car came with the same set of things, but they fully detailed it and it was nearly fully charged by the time my delivery started.

Couldn't tell if it's the difference between a delivery rush vs a non delivery rush, or a 70D vs 100D experience.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
My CPO came fully detailed, it did come with mats but thats because the previous owner had them. It came with 2 keys the charger and the 3 adapters. It also had a swag bag (keychain, nice pen, coffee mugs, and a great umbrella).

Hope that helps.

@warrenbecker : "Yes there were no mats at all just exposed Velcro."

That is totally unacceptable! Call them and get them to give you mats and a second fob. You paid for two. They always pull this crap at end of quarter deliveries. They rush them out to make their numbers. Happened to me too, though I did get the fob, mats, etc. But the exterior was a mess. I got them to credit me $500 for the $2,500 I had to do to bring the car up to snuff. But that was 2 1/2 years ago! I expected issues from a baby company. Now, it's flatly unacceptable.

If they don't fix this panic mentality they will never be able to compete with the big boys. Can you imagine this treatment from a German, Japanese or even an American established automaker?

I can't. Even an American company!