Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the least attractive color for Model 3, from your observations?

What is the least attractive color for Model 3 you've seen in the wild?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 179 24.8%
  • Solid Black

Votes: 161 22.3%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 86 11.9%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Red Metallic

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • I like them all

Votes: 119 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black actually should be the color no one can say anything negative about.

I think every quarter million dollar car has a black variant. :)

Black
Red
Silver
White
Blue

Guaranteed color staples for every automobile I believe.
Oh really?

Shows EVERY scratch, swirl and blemish.
Needs to be washed 10 minutes after you finish washing it.
Black attracts the sun, white repels it. It's over 100 degrees for MANY days in Southern California.

I've got LOTS of negatives to say about black cars. I've owned one. Never again.

AWD Performance trim deserves more vibrant colors to match 3.2 sec 0-60 time.
Such as Neon Green, yellow, Orange, and Smurf blue.

Theme like this would be awesome. A $60K car deserves it.

wk24qp.jpg

That's incredibly busy. I like the Model 3's understated elegance.

Reactions: EVMeister
I actually have a custom black/yellow license plate on the way -- "TSLA 3LR" -- and I'm going back and forth on whether or not I mount it to the front bumper (stock mount), leave it off altogether, or get one of the two evannex mounts for a floating look.

This is for my White Model 3 that you deemed least attractive. Ironically, while Silver is indeed the most "hated" color, ALL other colors except Red, are currently more "hated" than White ;)
I never understood people who put the model of their cars on their license plate.

I report those people to the Department of Redundancy Department.

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D
Cost is a huge consideration in Canada! My wife choose RED!
Here is the true cost for choosing RED in Canada:
$2600.00 for Tesla Red + $5000.00 for missing out on Federal Government Rebate + $2000.00 paying added 3% BC Luxury Tax for vehicles over $50,000.00
Happy Wife Happy Life .....Yikes!

• Helpful
Reactions: CrazyM3
Cost is a huge consideration in Canada! My wife choose RED!
Here is the true cost for choosing RED in Canada:
$2600.00 for Tesla Red + $5000.00 for missing out on Federal Government Rebate + $2000.00 paying added 3% BC Luxury Tax for vehicles over $50,000.00
Happy Wife Happy Life .....Yikes!

Is it not the case that you are eligible for the rebate so long as the base model without any options is under the threshold? Didn’t Tesla release an ultra-short range variant (140mi or so) in Canada expressly for this purpose?

Is it not the case that you are eligible for the rebate so long as the base model without any options is under the threshold? Didn’t Tesla release an ultra-short range variant (140mi or so) in Canada expressly for this purpose?
Yes they did, but that model is not being produced yet, or if it is, there is going to be a long wait time to get that particular model, I was told.

Yes they did, but that model is not being produced yet, or if it is, there is going to be a long wait time to get that particular model, I was told.

Got it. But just for my own sake, once it's produced, ALL builds regardless of MSRP will be eligible for the rebate right? Not just the builds that are below the threshold?

Sorry for off-topic, we can talk about crappy colors again after this ;)

ALL builds regardless of MSRP will be eligible for the rebate right? Not just the builds that are below the threshold? ;)
This special build will require a new short range battery, which is currently not being produced. Tesla is too busy producing its regular battery packs. I also don't know if Tesla is able to limit the range of the charge of its current existing battery packs to 150 KM. I doubt Tesla is going to give away its regular battery packs in Canada just to meet the Federal Government rebate and to be below MSRP guidelines.

I never understood people who put the model of their cars on their license plate.

I report those people to the Department of Redundancy Department.

I would agree with you if there was actually redundant information being displayed on my car ;)

The absolute worst are those Honda license plate frames that have a Honda logo on each corner of the frame...
81VsbnbmXUL._SX425_.jpg

"Accord" shows up twice. Honda logo shows up three times. Three.

I would almost rather be giving out free advertising for the sleazy dealership than have one of those. Almost.

Reactions: Triplett
I confess I chose MSM after a lot of thinking and carefully watching real M3s drive by (there are a lot around me). Reasons?

-- White stands out a bit too much for me, and is hell to keep clean.
-- Black I just don't like, and it hides the cars good looks.
-- Red is too boy-racer for me (Ferrari wanna-be?), and besides I dont want to spend that extra $1k.
-- Blue .. close, but ..

-- I chose MSM because I wanted the aero wheels for efficiency and ride (not going to be racing this thing!), and the MSM seems to match with the aero wheel covers rather well. Blue comes a close second for that imho.

--Tim