Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the price of supercharging in Texas now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm M3LR, I guess it will be a "better case".
Probably closer to 3.5mi/kWh there, add ~7% in charging losses and you’re about on par with a 28mpg car that runs on regular on the low end of pricing ($3/gal) if fuel cost is the only consideration.

At the end of the day and at current pricing it’s close enough that it shouldn’t be the deciding factor of going BEV.

Go with what suits you best, while you still have a choice.

It's crazy how expensive supercharging is when electricity in Texas is so cheap. I am only paying $0.112/kWh in North Texas. Maybe the price will come down as they build more chargers? It seems like they are trying to dissuade people from using Superchargers because they are so sparse in the DFW area.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It's crazy how expensive supercharging is when electricity in Texas is so cheap. I am only paying $0.112/kWh in North Texas. Maybe the price will come down as they build more chargers? It seems like they are trying to dissuade people from using Superchargers because they are so sparse in the DFW area.
When I still had a car with paid supercharging it seem like it was state wide that the pricing had crept up.

When I still had a car with paid supercharging it seem like it was state wide that the pricing had crept up.
Yeah, if you look at some threads from other states it seems like more of an across the board markup. When I Supercharged at Denison in January I paid $0.28/kWh and now it's $0.34/kWh. Not too expensive till you get closer to the metroplex where it goes to $0.38/kWh at the Shops at Legacy and during on peak at Austin its $0.44/kWh

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yeah, if you look at some threads from other states it seems like more of an across the board markup. When I Supercharged at Denison in January I paid $0.28/kWh and now it's $0.34/kWh. Not too expensive till you get closer to the metroplex where it goes to $0.38/kWh at the Shops at Legacy and during on peak at Austin its $0.44/kWh
It was one of the things that contributed toward selling the P3D and picking up a X5 45e.