Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the price of supercharging in Texas now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's crazy how expensive supercharging is when electricity in Texas is so cheap. I am only paying $0.112/kWh in North Texas. Maybe the price will come down as they build more chargers? It seems like they are trying to dissuade people from using Superchargers because they are so sparse in the DFW area.
I don’t know when the last time you renewed or changed plans, but electricity is certainly not cheap now. This largely due to natural gas prices being 3x higher than the recent past.

I don’t know when the last time you renewed or changed plans, but electricity is certainly not cheap now. This largely due to natural gas prices being 3x higher than the recent past.
For me I am in a co-op so it has stayed pretty consistent. For this month it has gone up $0.05/kWh.

You add the PCRF and per kWh so it totals out to $0.0117/kWh

1662668584283.png

Some Texas s.chargers are 46-48c/kWh during noon-9pm, 23-24c/kWh off peak.

This is good. Assume 3.5mi/kWh, 24c/kWh is 6.85c/mi.
That’s equivalent to:
1) 40mpg @ $2.739/gal, or
2) 30mpg @ $2.059/gal (b/c so few $50K+ gas cars could do better than 32mpg, and 2.059 here is probably 89#, then 87# could be ~$1.899), or
3) 46mpg (!!!) @ $3.154/gal (TX regular 9/11/2022)

If S-Chargers are below 25c/kWh, then even in states with cheap gases like TX, EV is not a very bad choice.