Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the solution to fix the map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried rebooting to solve this and it does not. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to force a reload/refresh?
20210902_132328.jpg
20210904_130715.jpg

you have 1 bar on a *sugar* 3G connection also you are loading it with sat view which requires a shitload more data to open than the normal map view. so its no surprise your map isn't loading right

I'm guessing you have MCU1, while there is NO recall for the actual MCU just the eMMC part. i highly suggest you save up a few bucks ($1500'ish) and get the MCU2 upgrade, i did it like a year ago and its amazing how snappy everything is and i already had the 4G upgrade done to mine when i took delivery of the car originally.

Reactions: Big Toys
What others have suggested is to switch map rendering to plain map, not with sat view and perform full shutdown - select new wheels for your car (under wheel configuration menu). Wait until car turns on then set the wheels back to your original ones, which does makes restart again. If this does not help, then the best solution would be upgrade to MCU2.
I have it set to plain map and I have LTU connection and map rendering is with no issues on my MCU1 car

One picture was sat map, the other was plain map. I did that to show that it has similar results. The issues also existed while connected to my home wifi. I have been to service a few times for this already. How do I convince them to do something about it ? It is not really useable like this.

it sounds like you need your EMMC chip replaced (under recall, so no cost)
Upgrading to MCU2 (and getting LTE upgrade included) is probably going to be well worth the $1500 for you, though