TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WHAT IS THIS? FOUND IN FRUNK

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tezzie, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Tezzie

Tezzie Member

I found this in the front trunk of my new Tesla Model S 100D. Do you know what it is?

Attached Files:

2. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

#2 rohan3au, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    That's your front tow hook, pop off a little cover beside the front battery radiator, screw it in and you can be towed.

See attached screenshot from Model S manual.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  3. Tezzie

Tezzie Member

Thanks for the info, but where is it supposed to be stowed? It looks like someone made a mistake and just threw it into the frunk, where it can slide all around and get stabby all up in there! Isn't there a place where it is supposed to be stowed, maybe snapped into?

Also, do you know where the light wiring harness is stowed on the Model S?

4. IdaX

IdaX Member

Thats the eye of the Staff of Ra, from Raiders of the Lost Ark. You found it!

• Funny x 8
    • Informative x 1
  5. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

There is no such storage spot. I would go ahead and pop off that cover and see if there even is a mounting point for it — not all Models S have them, mine didn't and I found out only when I needed it. Tossed the useless bit onto a shelf in my garage and walked away.

• Disagree x 1
  6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The storage spot is under the frunk carpet.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  7. Tozz

Tozz Active Member

My 2018 MS has this hook in the emergency kit that was in the frunk at delivery.
    Its a red pouch containing some medical supplies, the tow hook, an emergency warning triangle and perhaps some other things I haven't checked.

The red pouch has velcro so it sticks to the frunk interior lining.

But older models used different storage locations for this hook. The red pouch could also be a european thing. I believe the emergency triangle is mandatory in Germany for example.

8. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

Yeah, we don't get an emergency kit in the USA.

• Informative x 1