Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your average range? Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to use 75 miles driving conservatively when driving 50 miles. It doesn't seem like much but driving a model s, p90d, I used less than what was rated for the distance... Roughly 50 miles both ways.

I loose at least 5 miles a night, where I had a model s loaner and lost 0 miles over a week at night and range was accurate.

My settings are no sentry, no summon, no overheat, while driving AC on 1 to prevent condensation (I've had a crazy amount), seat heater on 3, Bluetooth for phone, teslafi that polls every 45 mins with sleep settings, and that's all I can think of. I use autopilot most all of the time. Factory tires at 44psi, no spoilers etc.

What was the temperature when you drove the Model s? And the temperature now? Winter cold uses a ton a battery.

Last summer I was averaging better than 100% rated. This winter around 60%.

I seem to use 75 miles driving conservatively when driving 50 miles. It doesn't seem like much but driving a model s, p90d, I used less than what was rated for the distance... Roughly 50 miles both ways.

I loose at least 5 miles a night, where I had a model s loaner and lost 0 miles over a week at night and range was accurate.

My settings are no sentry, no summon, no overheat, while driving AC on 1 to prevent condensation (I've had a crazy amount), seat heater on 3, Bluetooth for phone, teslafi that polls every 45 mins with sleep settings, and that's all I can think of. I use autopilot most all of the time. Factory tires at 44psi, no spoilers etc.

Not enough information. But let's say you average 45mph to work. AC plus heat in Port Orchard mid-winter with temps in the 30s and 40s will give you about 4-5kW steady state use.

Over your 1.1 hour drive, that will use 4.4 to 5.4kWh.

If you have a Model 3 LR AWD, that's 22 rated miles of use over the course of your drive (234Wh/rmi discharge).

Adjust accordingly with the correct information. It will be more rated miles of use if you have an SR+ due to a lower constant value.

On cooler temps, 30% degradation is to be expected.
Thank you so very much. Noted!

Not enough information. But let's say you average 45mph to work. AC plus heat in Port Orchard mid-winter with temps in the 30s and 40s will give you about 4-5kW steady state use.

Over your 1.1 hour drive, that will use 4.4 to 5.4kWh.

If you have a Model 3 LR AWD, that's 22 rated miles of use over the course of your drive (234Wh/rmi discharge).

Adjust accordingly with the correct information. It will be more rated miles of use if you have an SR+ due to a lower constant value.
What are you a professional! Haha thanks for the information. I am just seeing what I can figure out. Your analysis is VERY INTUITIVE!! Wow.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life