Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Mods/Upgrades Have You Done to Your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for additional ideas and examples of Tesla owners who after owning their Model S have done some upgrades or modifications. This should be a picture thread with examples of your creativity and suggestions to make the Model S an overall better car than when it left the factory.

I have a Model S in midnight blue and gunmetal grey turbine wheels. The other is a blue Roadster with the black glossy wheels. While these are not modifications they do illustrate wheels that are not the stock silver color. I don't know why I cannot post pictures of them. I reduced the file size to under 500 kb and the site still says my photos are too large.

Additional trunk lights are cheap but well worth it. Dashcams front and back (in one accident so far, the dashcam footage made proving fault trivial, saving more than the cost of dashcams for both our Teslas - reinstalled the dashcam on day 2 of ownership of the replacement). In out case Blackvue, but there are other options out there. Something which may or may not appeal to you, front and rear radar detector (tells you direction of radar) plus laser jamming system (jams police laser while warning you until you slow down) - in my case Stinger VIP but as with dashcams, there are options.

I know a good thing to have on hand too are the door carriers which break from time to time. As far as mods, one of the easiest and best upgrades is to the LED headlights. Same case size and shape, just that cool white look in the headlights. It might be an individual preference but I find it very appealing. Also the carbon fiber lip spoiler on the trunk also adds a lot more sport to the car. If anyone doesn't have auto drive yet, that is also another upgrade that is available on older S models. Requires a module and then cameras on the side that are chrome just in front of the front doors.

4BADD26E-67ED-4EA9-9526-44FED8E403CE.jpeg
CFF19150-9E2C-4008-AC75-A11A6D04946A.jpeg
My son wanted something like this wrap on the car. For those over the age of twenty, Supreme is a very hyped internet retailer, all their stuff sells out and very popular with people much younger than me. No just no.

So instead we just have gold Supreme license plate holders. The car is wrapped in black satin, dechromed in shiny black, ceramic coated with black rims. Ts are all chrome gold.

Yes, car looks like it belongs to gangster rappers.

Reactions: tyler2323
Not sure if this counts but for my basic 2013 Model S 85, I have:

Added 21" Grey Turbines
Added the Tesla carbon fiber spoiler
Added the Tesla metal performance pedals
Painted the brake calipers red

Just wanted the car to look a bit more aggressive!

Attachments

• IMG_20180824_171649.jpg
    IMG_20180824_171649.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: Tic-tac-toe
Will post some pics shortly. Just picked a MS75D CPO.
Ordered the following from

RPM TESLA:

- black door sill skins with silver TESLA logo show thru
- door puddle lights with T logo
- carbon fibre OEM look rear spoiler
- blackout skin for rear chrome valance with white TESLA letters
- side turn signal blackout covers
- logo valve caps

Also have a quote for red Caliper and logos for $650......might shop around more.

I'm looking for additional ideas and examples of Tesla owners who after owning their Model S have done some upgrades or modifications. This should be a picture thread with examples of your creativity and suggestions to make the Model S an overall better car than when it left the factory.

I’ve owned a lot of Tesla’s and like to customize all of them. Many times I customize them more than once. I feel Tesla’s can look very plain without some personalization. Almost like a Honda. Living in Cali let’s you notice this quickly since they are so common. I’ve done some strictly wanting to use only Oem parts such as rims etc. Just added my own colors etc. while they can look very dull and boring, I must admit that there are more sites, shops, etc that offer anything from vinyl lettering to complete aero kits etc than any other car I have ever owned. So you can do a lot without necessarily breaking the bank or you can be like me and how I’ve always been and basically customize it from the ground up. Either way it’s a great way to add some personality and uniqueness to separate yourself from all the other Tesla’s. I also think it is the easiest car I have ever worked on compared to any ice cars, even classic ice cars.

52C6AE5A-705E-424C-A10E-F415DA4E1993.jpeg
95430E43-72FD-489C-A22F-757E216803AB.jpeg