TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What kind of Tesla OEM rims are these called?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mbhforum, Jul 30, 2018.

1. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I am getting my car pictured below autoflex'd on Thursday and as of now, I plan on dipping them like the Gray Turbines seen here below as well. I am curious if they even made these OEM rims in Grey? If not, has anyone dipped/wrapped them? I figured it's costing me half of what new rims would cost.

My car was produced in early 2015.

IMG_1132.JPG

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. spectrum

spectrum Member

3. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Thanks for the speedy reply! They look pretty good in a dark color. Anything is improvement over what they are now as they constantly get dirty. I'd love to see these on a car, but I guess I will be the guinea pig!

4. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

Glad you posted this, I am also looking into having the double-spoke 19" rims on my '14 Model S powder-coated with something approximating body color (same color as yours) along with the faded calipers and rusty inner wheel hubs. Interested to see how it turns out for you!

5. bakerboy

bakerboy Member

I swapped my stocks for the same rim powder coated black:

[​IMG]

• Love x 1
  6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Model S Options & Pricing | Tesla Motors

Original names of Model S wheel options:
    • 19"
    • 21" Silver
    • 21" Grey
    IIRC, the 21s were commonly called "Turbines" but the 19s didn't really have a name in common use.

Later came 19" Aeros, 19" Slipstream, ...

7. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I will post pics hopefully on Saturday when my car should be ready. I am getting it autoflexed a blue color and wheels graphite/grey.

8. johnster007

johnster007 Member

I got mine painted to match Tesla gray—look way better than original silver!

9. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Can you post pictures please?

10. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

Luckily mine came with Grey caps for some reason. Not impressed with Plastic-dipped results. The surface is tough to clean - its a magnet for dirt and brake dust. PlastiDip also has poor durability. The rustoleum metallic spray paint I used on my Land Rover 6 years ago looks better even after some serious abuse. NEW looked good:
    20180318_193431.jpg
    20180324_182258.jpg

But after 15K miles they are looking pretty rough:
    20180721_153144.jpg

11. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Mine are getting dipped with autoflex which is supposed to be better quality than Plastidip. We shall see..

12. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

We have done all three of our Model S wheels in PVD Black Chrome.. Realize in the light they are super shiny..

2014 P85+ PVD Black Chrome Staggered4.jpg

13. snd92

snd92 Member

Strangely nobody know they are called "Base" 19" (WHEEL/TIRE PKG - 19X8.0J Base (Set of 4, TPMS Sensors, Center Caps))