Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of Tesla OEM rims are these called?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting my car pictured below autoflex'd on Thursday and as of now, I plan on dipping them like the Gray Turbines seen here below as well. I am curious if they even made these OEM rims in Grey? If not, has anyone dipped/wrapped them? I figured it's costing me half of what new rims would cost.

My car was produced in early 2015.

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

Reactions: JonathanD
Thanks for the speedy reply! They look pretty good in a dark color. Anything is improvement over what they are now as they constantly get dirty. I'd love to see these on a car, but I guess I will be the guinea pig!

Glad you posted this, I am also looking into having the double-spoke 19" rims on my '14 Model S powder-coated with something approximating body color (same color as yours) along with the faded calipers and rusty inner wheel hubs. Interested to see how it turns out for you!

Glad you posted this, I am also looking into having the double-spoke 19" rims on my '14 Model S powder-coated with something approximating body color (same color as yours) along with the faded calipers and rusty inner wheel hubs. Interested to see how it turns out for you!

I will post pics hopefully on Saturday when my car should be ready. I am getting it autoflexed a blue color and wheels graphite/grey.

Luckily mine came with Grey caps for some reason. Not impressed with Plastic-dipped results. The surface is tough to clean - its a magnet for dirt and brake dust. PlastiDip also has poor durability. The rustoleum metallic spray paint I used on my Land Rover 6 years ago looks better even after some serious abuse. NEW looked good:
20180318_193431.jpg

20180324_182258.jpg

But after 15K miles they are looking pretty rough:
20180721_153144.jpg

Luckily mine came with Grey caps for some reason. Not impressed with Plastic-dipped results. The surface is tough to clean - its a magnet for dirt and brake dust. PlastiDip also has poor durability. The rustoleum metallic spray paint I used on my Land Rover 6 years ago looks better even after some serious abuse. NEW looked good:
View attachment 321735
View attachment 321736

But after 15K miles they are looking pretty rough:
View attachment 321737

Mine are getting dipped with autoflex which is supposed to be better quality than Plastidip. We shall see..

I am getting my car pictured below autoflex'd on Thursday and as of now, I plan on dipping them like the Gray Turbines seen here below as well. I am curious if they even made these OEM rims in Grey? If not, has anyone dipped/wrapped them? I figured it's costing me half of what new rims would cost.

My car was produced in early 2015.

View attachment 321662

IMG_0955.JPG
Strangely nobody know they are called "Base" 19" (WHEEL/TIRE PKG - 19X8.0J Base (Set of 4, TPMS Sensors, Center Caps))