Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What lug nuts for Replika R241s? MY LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently got a set of Replika R241s for my 2022 MY LR from WheelWiz and had opted for their optional lug nuts and installation kit. Got them mounted at Discount tire. Seems like these lug nuts are huge and protrude out significantly. Any other options for better flush mounted lug nuts? I see many pics in this reddit community and all of them are flush fit. Pics below:

Those are definitely too long and look very out of place to put it politely. IMHO you should have used the original lug nuts with plastic protective caps. Why, because you know you have the correct spec, they will not start to look bad after a year or 2 due to corrosion, they are basically free except for the cost of the caps which are a few dollars and finally you do not have to remember to carry special lug nut sockets with you.

Send that pic to Wheelwiz and I am sure they will make things right.

These are the caps I ordered, they fit snug and have never come off in over a year. Bought 3 sets, 1 for the Y, 1 for the S and a set to be used as spares in case one falls off which has not happened yet. You need to chose the 21mm size FYI.

Last edited:
Those are definitely too long and look very out of place to put it politely. IMHO you should have used the original lug nuts with plastic protective caps. Why, because you know you have the correct spec, they will not start to look bad after a year or 2 due to corrosion, they are basically free except for the cost of the caps which are a few dollars and finally you do not have to remember to carry special lug nut sockets with you.

Send that pic to Wheelwiz and I am sure they will make things right.

These are the caps I ordered, they fit snug and have never come off in over a year. Bought 3 sets, 1 for the Y, 1 for the S and a set to be used as spares in case one falls off which has not happened yet. You need to chose the 21mm size FYI.
Thanks for the advise. Appreciate that. My first time doing this so didn’t think through this. I thought the original lug nuts once removed might not be good enough to reuse. I still have those original lug nuts which discount tire gave me bakc. Will inspect those and have them put those instead of these. Lug nut caps - will order those as well.

I thought the original lug nuts once removed might not be good enough to reuse.
They can be used almost forever without issue. I live in snow country and the wheels are taken off 2 times a year, nothing wrong with reusing lug nuts over and over again. Just be sure to torque them to the correct spec and technically if you want to be really fussy, you should torque them again after 20 miles or so of use. Hardly anybody does this or even know about it however it is recommended. Wheel Torque

Reactions: blueknight99
They can be used almost forever without issue. I live in snow country and the wheels are taken off 2 times a year, nothing wrong with reusing lug nuts over and over again. Just be sure to torque them to the correct spec and technically if you want to be really fussy, you should torque them again after 20 miles or so of use. Hardly anybody does this or even know about it however it is recommended. Wheel Torque
Sounds good, thanks again. Going to order some lug nut caps for the stock tesla lug nuts as they will exposed on the Replika R241s as it doesn't have caps like the inductions.