Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What part of rear suspension keeps the wheel in place?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
In looking at the rear suspension of the model 3, Every part of the multi-link suspension, except for one, is perpendicular to the wheel. This means it can hold the wheel out from the car and keep it vertical, but when you step on the gas or hit the regen, what stops the wheel from moving forwards or rearwards in the wheel well area? Those rubber mounted perpendicular struts can do nothing for that. I only see one diagonal link, aside from the sway bar, and I doubt they'd have the sway bar carrying that kind of load.

Anyone know more details about it? The diagonals make the difference, got to throw a few diagonals in there to really tighten it up.

EDIT - I got a better look at it from underneath, turns out there two diagonal links in there. Makes more sense now.

Last edited:
Couldn't see it, need a special login for the parts catalog? I was seeing only the top diagonal and couldn't help but think the whole suspension assembly would twist from its off center location. I knew something was wrong, either with me or Tesla's engineers, probably on my end.