Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What power company are you using? (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title asks, what provider is the go at the minute for us Victorians?
I switched to re-amped a little while back mainly because of the daily supply charge being almost 1/3 what I had with AGL.

0.1845c per kw
0.3929 daily supply charge.

Reactions: 1001
Which distributor network are you on? Powershop has some very low super-off-peak rates for EV owners - the daily supply charges are higher than you're paying, but you could still come out ahead depending on how much you drive.

I'm in NSW. And if I wasn't about to move to the ACT in a few months, I'd switch from Amber to ReAmped in a heartbeat.

Chasing cheap wholesale prices on Amber is kinda fun, gaming the system and all. But ReAmped's off peak ToU tariff on any given night is cheaper than I've ever been able to achieve on Amber, and cheaper than anyone else I've ever looked into. Plus their daily charge & miscellaneous fees are pretty cheap too.

Which distributor network are you on? Powershop has some very low super-off-peak rates for EV owners - the daily supply charges are higher than you're paying, but you could still come out ahead depending on how much you drive.

It’s United energy down my way

It’s United energy down my way
So the Powershop EV one is 83.6c/day supply charge, 9.9c/kWh "super off-peak" (12am - 4am). Meaning if you charge your car at least an average of 5.2 kWh/day in that 12am-4am window, you'll come out ahead (ignoring the effects of your peak usage, solar FIT etc.). Not sure how much you drive, but I tend to use about 12kWh/day charging the SR+.

Reactions: Leeroy
So the Powershop EV one is 83.6c/day supply charge, 9.9c/kWh "super off-peak" (12am - 4am). Meaning if you charge your car at least an average of 5.2 kWh/day in that 12am-4am window, you'll come out ahead (ignoring the effects of your peak usage, solar FIT etc.). Not sure how much you drive, but I tend to use about 12kWh/day charging the SR+.
Yes could be worth looking into, I’m in the aviation industry which is copping a flogging at the minute, but usually I’m about 25kw daily use of things ever get back to ‘normal.’
I have a 7kw wall charger, so could just fit in topping it up in the 4hr window.

Reactions: cafz
Yes could be worth looking into, I’m in the aviation industry which is copping a flogging at the minute, but usually I’m about 25kw daily use of things ever get back to ‘normal.’
I have a 7kw wall charger, so could just fit in topping it up in the 4hr window.

Might be a good idea to switch your electric hot water to the same 4 hr window ..

Reactions: Leeroy
Don’t think the power shop EV is for me unless I add a battery. The off peak is half what re-amped are, but the peak is another 10c extra. My home usage is about 14-20kw a day plus EV on top of that. Im unlikely to be all in the peak window, but with the added daily supply charge I think it would be similar costs.

Adding a battery on the other hand would change that as you could avoid the peak window entirely which would make more sense on that plan.
Now if only the battery prices halved……