Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should I do

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got delivery of my Model X a few days ago. had some minor issues which were fixed right on the spot except two open welding joints on rocker panel underneath FWD on both sides. How bad you guys think they are? should I ask them to fix or is it something I should live with. I don't want them to mess around with my car and since bodywork is outsourced, there is always a chance to get things more screwed up. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• 20180925_120856.jpg
    20180925_120856.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 20180925_120923.jpg
    20180925_120923.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 123
What you may consider doing the next time you create a thread is to not have a topic of "What should I do". Try and use a generalized question that some people will consider click bait and not even look at the question. I'm not wanting to be critical. Hoping to help you get more help on your next post.

Thanks for the suggestion SD, I will keep in mind.

And thank you all for sharing the experience.

This is flexible filler at that joint, not a weld. Because the body has some slight flex/movement at those points, this is essentially the same type of flexible 'silicon' filler you have on your countertops at the edges (your countertops also expand/contract at a different rate than the wall/backsplash, so they need a flexible filler just like your Tesla here).

Yes I agree they did a drippy, crummy, unattractive fill on your car and I would definitely ask the SC to fix it. Is a trivial fix to refill and touch up with the same color touchup paint as your car.

• Informative
Reactions: HankLloydRight