Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y rear ended - what should I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model y got rear ended this morning, with very minor scratches. I think car should be fine but worried about battery.
The other car takes full responsibility and the owner left number & plate info.
What should I do? Contacted tesla service folks in app and I am waiting for response. Should I bring the car to a body shop and estimate the fix cost?
First time having this kind of issue...

My model y got rear ended this morning, with very minor scratches. I think car should be fine but worried about battery.
What should I do? Contacted tesla service folks in app and I am waiting for response. Should I bring the car to a body shop and estimate the fix cost?
Some can also do simple body repairs so Service Center is the way first.

Tesla SC would be my recommendation, so they can asses if your battery is affected in any way. Secondly, file a claim with your insurance, if you haven’t already done so, and let them deal w the other party’s insurance.