Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What wheel brands are accurate with their listed wheel weights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking in to getting wheels for my summer tires. A big factor in my decision is the wheel weight. The last two times I've bought wheels I found the actual weight on my scale to be heavier (one time much heavier) than manufacturer listed weight. It seems this is quite common from what I have seen. What brands of wheels have you bought and weighed and found to be close to the listed weight?

I will list the two I got that were not accurate. One was a factory BMW wheel that I bought from another owner to use for my winter tires. My recollection was they were listed at 22lbs (for 17" wheels), but when I got them they weighed 27lbs. I assume this was just a mistake on BMWs part as these were O.E.M. wheels and it seems unlikely they were fudging the numbers to appeal to aftermarket buyers.

The other was some SSR wheels (type C I believe) I got for my 2004 Infiniti G35. They were 17s and listed on Tirerack as being very light, but ended up being a bit heavier (by recollection from 2004 14.6 lbs listed vs 16 pounds on my scale).

I am looking in to getting wheels for my summer tires. A big factor in my decision is the wheel weight. The last two times I've bought wheels I found the actual weight on my scale to be heavier (one time much heavier) than manufacturer listed weight. It seems this is quite common from what I have seen. What brands of wheels have you bought and weighed and found to be close to the listed weight?
I had a similar very disconcerting experience like that around vorsteiner wheels which were advertised at 22 - 23 lb in 20 in wheel sizes (staggered setup), and they came through at roughly five pounds heavier. I did not have that jarring experience buying Vertini VS forged which came in exactly as advertised. 21 pounds for the 9.5 x 20 and just under 22 lbs for the 10.5 by 20